By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who think's the xbox 360 will outsell the PS3 for the holiday season?

Price cut has begun in NA.
amazon is selling a lot of 360 stuff now.
Japan is excited about the price cut, so I believe 360 will outsell PS3 during the holidays.

Ps3 will have to wait a little longer to catch up to 360.

Around the Network

*raises hand*

Coca-Cola said:
Price cut has begun in NA.
amazon is selling a lot of 360 stuff now.
Japan is excited about the price cut, so I believe 360 will outsell PS3 during the holidays.

Ps3 will have to wait a little longer to catch up to 360.

Selling a lot of 360 stuff now?  The PS3 and Wii are constantly in the top 10 (sometimes one or the other is number one, but usually games are) and the 360 has just BARELY gotten on to the first page at number 25 behind the Lancer for Gears of War 2.  The 360 will not win even in NA, it doesn't have the games, the momentum or anything other then price.  Remember when the gamecube dropped the price to 99 dollars (which the PS2 STILL hasn't done) and it didn't outsell the PS2?

Smartest move for Sony, NOT dropping the PS3 and losing money hand over first again (its the same price as the elite atm and superior, thats a fine price point) but dropping the price of the PS2 to 99 dollars.  That will nip casual not a lot of money gamers going to the 360 in the bud.  Also a lot of the big games (Madden, Force Unleashed ect) are coming to the PS2 as always, so its not like gamers not looking to step up to the PS3 won't have plenty to do on the PS2.  The PS2 not the PS3 is Sony's best weapon against bargain basement pricing of the 360.  I guarantee you they still would make money on ever PS2 sale at 99 dollars.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Yeh they should drop the price of the PS2 to the $99 point, I'd be a perfect time to do it now and they should be able to afford it

In NA it has a chance. Worldwide it has absolutly no chance because of europe and japan.

Around the Network

I say yes... it'll be intersting to see because it's not till late Oct into Nov that christmas sales really pick up

Both have unproven franchises... ie Left 4 Dead and LBP, both have established games like Gears of war 2 and Resistance 2

Purely on Gears 1 success 1st time round and more people been less worried about RROD (And gears 1 fans returning who may have suffered RROD back in the day) those returning could be a factor..........

On the strength of Banjo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2 and Left 4 Dead is see 360 taking this holiday reason

Ronster316 said:
Both have unproven franchises... ie Left 4 Dead and LBP, both have established games like Gears of war 2 and Resistance 2

Purely on Gears 1 success 1st time round and more people been less worried about RROD (And gears 1 fans returning who may have suffered RROD back in the day) those returning could be a factor..........

On the strength of Banjo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2 and Left 4 Dead is see 360 taking this holiday reason

Yeah just like 360 took last holiday season with Halo 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock.....

oh wait.....{it didn't}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I love that you use RROD as an actual advantage in your analysis Ronster....it's hilarious.

Personally, I think that they will win in NA, but PS3 will prevail in WW sales, simply based on current sales trends, but then I suppose we'll have to see how things are in a few months.

NA will be close but the PS3 will win even without any price cuts. WW the 360 doesn't stand a chance.