By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 35% of you really think the Xbox 360 is only going to sell 23 mil this yr?

lol mature has a point.

30 percent of the site has PS3 selling less than three million for the next few months, and that's PS3 tracking above 360...

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/poll/results.php

Look, 30% thinks that Sony will sell 3mil only too.

The MS fanbase on this site grows larger each day. I swear.

Now because of your ignorant thread I will vote for 23 mil until I cant anymore

And I don't agree with the PS3 only selling 3 million either. In fact, what was the basis behind people predicting that number as well? I'm not sure.

The only reason I am using the 360 is because it is the CURRENT poll. I would have done the same if the PS3 or Wii was current.

Just kiss the tip.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Arkk

Who is to say that people rating it 23 mil are Sony Fanboys? I myself said 26, but I really wanted something between 25 and 26...

It could have been Nintendo Fanboys, or PC fanboys for MS stealing all of their exclusives :P

Last I counted we only had three PC fanboys.. and two are PS3 supporters, one a Wii supporter...

Oh course I could be missing a few here or two...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Yeah its kinda sad that the best overall answers of 25m or 26m are not the biggest choices.

Let's see last year from sept through dec there were almost 5m units sold and right now they are already over 20m. So, they should AT LEAST make 25m as the 360 hasn't peaked and probably will hit 26m+ based on regular year over year increases in sales.

I predict something along the lines of what DMJ predicted.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Arkk said:
LOL MATURE said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/poll/results.php

Look, 30% thinks that Sony will sell 3mil only too.

The MS fanbase on this site grows larger each day. I swear.

Now because of your ignorant thread I will vote for 23 mil until I cant anymore

And I don't agree with that either. In fact, what was the basis behind people predicting that number as well? I'm not sure.

The only reason I am using the 360 is because it is the CURRENT poll. I would have done the same if the PS3 or Wii was current.

If you were around for the game score voting you wouldn't be surprised by these votes.

23.99 million => 23 million
24.00 million => 24 million

depend on how you want to interpret the number, but i think it's quite obvious that a lot people (58.8%) on this site predicted the number will be between 23-25 million

don't assume people would vote without using his brain, please

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Some 25M might be pretty close... Though I might be underestimating the effect of the holiday season and it could actually be closer to 26M. However, at the moment I think some 26M is the most X360 can have after this year. I'm still going for 25M though.

To set the record straight. I voted for 20 million on the PS3 and I voted for 25 million on the 360.

And @ LOL MATURE

No need to get so defensive. As I have stated a few times already, this is a question on WHY this prediction was made. It's an honest question.

Just kiss the tip.

Xen said:

Arkk said:
Xen said:
The 360 fanbase, in turn, is becoming as arrogant as Microsoft itself.

Don't get me wrong Xen. I am not a 360 fanboy of any sort. I own all three systems, I just think that this is a very narrowminded prediction by many members of this site. I am not trying to rag on anybody, and I am not trying to start any sort of pissing contest, I'm just wondering what the logic behind these predictions are.

My logic is the PS3 overshadowing the 360 in Japan and Others, making the 360 sell mainly in the USA. The 360 is cheap in Europe - and still doesn't sell well... and no cuts are gonna help the system in Japan, just games (don't know how well IU does). I did screw up with my Wii predict though. Sorry for taking a swing at you.

You're logic (and 30% of the people polled) doesn't include basic math...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)