By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 to feature four-player co-op campaign?

Kyros said:
That would be nice. Co-op is a must these days. I don't know how COD4 got away with it...

By making the best single-player campaign ever instead of adding tons of features that are used by a minority? COOP for a FPS is a bit silly unless you have a campaign that has teams all the time.

Co-op would not have worked for COD4 I agree...no vehicle sections, event driven gameplay... but there were sections where I felt like I could use some backup. Like when you walk in to that news station...that was rediculous on veteran. Co-op would have been perfect for times like that.

In any case, Co-op is not a minor feature...It extends the campaign replay value quite a alot...and if its used by a minority, the majority is missing out big time.

Around the Network

I don't recall reading any complaints about the lack of coop in Killzone 2 until they started talking about patching it in after release. Why talk about it if it isn't intended for the retail version of the game?

Off topic, am I the only one getting adult oriented ads at the top of this page?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Kyros said:
That would be nice. Co-op is a must these days. I don't know how COD4 got away with it...

By making the best single-player campaign ever instead of adding tons of features that are used by a minority? COOP for a FPS is a bit silly unless you have a campaign that has teams all the time.

No way bro.

Single player was real lame IMO. You're being held by the hand in EVERYTHING you do.

"Go get that RPG to destroy the tank"

^ The game doesn't progress if you don't do that. Everyone else stand behind cover and waits there and doesn't do anything. Tank doesn't move or even try to kill anyone except you, when you make a move.

The same thing will be repeated constantly until you "Go get that RPG to destroy the tank." That's not the only example, the game is littered with the exact same design of play, it's practically in every campaign and even more than once. You can't progress until the guy in the turret is shot, you can't progress until _________. It really pissed me off.

Game design from the '90s.

It's like a goddamn checklist before you can even continue with the campaign, everything is so scripted!

Co-op with a FPS is perfectly fine. Halo 3 did an amazing job. 2 players on a vehicle, one driving, one shooting. Get off, work together to cap a few brutes. Nothing real silly about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Although I admit some sequences were cool, like sniping that guy from the building and waiting for the flag to die down. You have to take into consideration bullet travel and all that, but that being said...

COD4's campaign was not one for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

i wonder if any hit in the graphics department will happen . i wonder if theyll just decrease the fidelity slightly if not wooh!

Around the Network

I think that statement was a mistake on the part of the journalist Ian Dean.

I don't think the feature will be there come launch, and I have my suspicions about it arriving 'soon' after launch.

Motherh already commented about this article a week ago when it was posted on CVG and discussed on the Playstation forums.

"Do not get overly excited there folks. We have not said that we will be including co-op either way. I have no idea where CVG might have gotten this info from. It was not from us or Sony."

"There are quite a few factual inaccuracies in the CVG article. There is no Heavy in CR and you don't take him out by shooting his "leg". Lets put it down to seeing too many games at once."

Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games

I think that co-op is a great idea. Im not one that can play online enough to be competitive, but single player games can get boring. I am looking forward to seeing how Killzone 2 does now.

Either way, this game is a"must" buy for me!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Co-op With a 1-3 friends is what saved Haze IMO.....

If KZ2 has it, that just makes it better for everyone.

4 ≈ One