By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix releases title lineup for E3 - FF XIII not present?

BenKenobi88 said:
what does gaijin mean? american?

It's Japanese, I believe, and it means ... outsider?

Sort of an insult to non-Japanese folk, methinks. 

Around the Network

Oh, well screw you elitists.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Oh, well screw you elitists.

sorry?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Gaijin means "white outsider" these days. But since this conference is being held in America, the word is being used out of context.

Where is all the Playstation 3 love from Square? Is this a sign of things to come? I was hoping for some diversity at this E3 but what it looks like I am getting is the same boring drivel. Nothing major (sans price drops) thus far. Nothing to really excite me...

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Celb said:
naznatips said:
Celb said:
Saving it for TGS since FF13 is their big Japan title.

Plus i expect the USA release of FF13 to come around E3 2008, that leaves them GDC to show it off.

FFXIII isn't their big Japan title DQIX is.

lol sure its not, sure.

If you are going to ignore game sales and just believe whatever random crap you think up, maybe you shouldn't be on a video game sales website.  My signature applies to you.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Celb said:
naznatips said:
Celb said:

Plus i expect the USA release of FF13 to come around E3 2008, that leaves them GDC to show it off.

lol sure its not, sure.

If you are going to ignore game sales and just believe whatever random crap you think up, maybe you shouldn't be on a video game sales website. My signature applies to you.

It is Celb you are talking too, he will not answer. Like the PS3 fanboy he is he want respond to facts.

Wait fot TGS for stuff on the Last Remnant and FF XIII.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Where is all the Playstation 3 love from Square? Is this a sign of things to come? I was hoping for some diversity at this E3 but what it looks like I am getting is the same boring drivel. Nothing major (sans price drops) thus far. Nothing to really excite me...

I am surprissed but on the same time not. I mean Sony has failed to show that the PS3 can hold the userbase to sell the amount square needs for FFXIII, why would S-E give them more if that is the case?

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Gaijin means "white outsider" these days. But since this conference is being held in America, the word is being used out of context.

But my friend , the thing is , I used "gaijin" here in the usual way older folks do it in Japan .. ofcourse in an ironic/funny way , what I expressed with the smillie ;) at the end.

In this context gaijin is a cussword for western or westernlooking outsiders and was used by me to demonstrate the way japanese companies may think about the E3 especially after it's downsize.
The average japanese is quite unsure of his/her english (well, they are right to be ;) - look for proof at engrish.com) and therefore doesn't really like to interact with westeners.
Because of this I think to japanese companies and developers its more of a burden to have to travel to E3 and publicize their products and they are far more open and cheerful at TGS , where they can talk in japanese and to japanese (yea ofcourse at E3 they can do so aswell with translators , but getting the thoughts across by that method is really difficult and just a hassle) 
And ... Square certainly wants to show their poster child to their loyal fanbase ,which made them big (saved them from death) first. (yea I know that Dragon Quest/Warrior sold even better in Japan)

Celb said:
naznatips said:
Celb said:

lol sure its not, sure.

Please stop pulling random crap out of your ass and research things before making baseless statements that have no information to back them up.