By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - T2 won't rule out GTA Wii

Very interesting...

http://www.edge-online.com/news/take-two-won%E2%80%99t-rule-out-gta-wii

Take-Two Won’t Rule Out GTA Wii

Responding to analyst questioning at Thursday’s investor conference call, Take-Two CEO Ben Feder declined to comment on the possibility of a Grand Theft Auto on the Wii while at the same time alluding to its growing possibility.

When asked point blank by Hudson Square research analyst David Ernst if the burgeoning relationship between Take-Two and Nintendo meant a Wii GTA was in the cards, Feder said, “We have spent an enormous amount of time and effort working with Nintendo, developing that partnership. We continue to build that relationship. We think we have significant value to add to that partnership.”

He continued, “GTA: Chinatown Wars is certainly an important step in continuing to develop that relationship. So without commenting specifically on whether GTA is coming to the Wii or not, I will say that Nintendo and Take-Two work very very well together. We intend to continue to grow that relationship.”

It was also confirmed in the conference call that the Nintendo DS title Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars was on track for a winter release, though Feder and Take-Two chairman Strauss Zelnick declined to comment on whether or not it would release prior to the holiday season.

Grand Theft Auto remains Take-Two’s most valuable franchise. During the investor call, Take-Two chief financial officer Lainie Goldstein confirmed that GTA franchise sales made up 60% of the publisher’s revenues in the most recent quarter, compared to 13% of revenue being generated from catalog sales.

Around the Network

I read a article like this before.

InB4GTA4IsTooHardcoreForTehWii

"Who gives a shit about lame games like GTA?" Wait that is my gamer side speaking, let me switch to businessman mode. "Interesting news, they could develop a unique title taking advantage of the hardware. The profit margin may be higher than a multi platform HD release."

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Well, they did port the engine that runs GTA4, after all. I doubt they intend to only use it for Table Tennis.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

If I was t2 I'd most definitely be adding in a wii version into the mix for the next gta. I however don't think that means they'll stop making hd console and pc versions of the game as they already have the engine and all the assets made so the next game wouldn't cost 100 million to develop. Think how much it could sell if it was released on all the major consoles at once? It could very easily outsell san andreas.

Makes sense. The wii sells well. GTA sells well. Now they might sell well....together

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Well it would be suprising if they would ignore the best selling console this generation, and GTA is a franchise that guarantees money. Chinatown Wars will sell on DS which would make release on the Wii, also the low development costs would add into that.

Why not? GTA on the Wii could be great if they do the controls right and don't tone it down.

correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that the wii couldn't handle GTA's huge world , and the physics are probably pretty complex for it as well