By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 US price cut is not about turning “profit today”

niksta2 said.
no he didn't. He might have put a pc in every office, or home office or children's room...but not in every living room

I think it was a general statement meaning every household.

Around the Network

no xbox720 in the near future confirmed

DMeisterJ said:
lol. Anyone could have told us that... Still, nice to see an analyst confirm that MS is not focusing on profit so they don't care what the fiscal results are.

Should we expect a huge loss?

i hope not

huge loss = huge sales

Tbone said:
Yeah so they are not thinking about profit so they will loss money instead, nice.

ms can do this they have money to burn and if they want to beat ps3 this gen they have to bit the bullet and make some big loses

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

i love xbox360 said:
Tbone said:
Yeah so they are not thinking about profit so they will loss money instead, nice.

ms can do this they have money to burn and if they want to beat ps3 this gen they have to bit the bullet and make some big loses

So is it better to just loose a load full of money just to beat an other console, than how will they make prof, than maybe they wont make it for the nextgen.

Around the Network

they can afford a price drop aha

Tbone said:
i love xbox360 said:
Tbone said:

So is it better to just loose a load full of money just to beat an other console than maybe they wont make it for the nextgen.

I dont think they are losing as much as Sony at the moment.

reask said:
Tbone said:
i love xbox360 said:
Tbone said:

So is it better to just loose a load full of money just to beat an other console than maybe they wont make it for the nextgen.

Well only time will tell if and how much they loose.

Phase one: Cut prices
Phase two: ???
Phase three: Profit (but not today!)

Sorry, had to do it.

Tbone said:
reask said:
Tbone said:
i love xbox360 said:
Tbone said:

Well only time will tell if and how much they loose.

well if losing a few billion now will help them to make billions next gen then yes it is worth it

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER