By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Sony Fanbase become an Overwhelming(Suffocating) Force?

darthdevidem01 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I was never a SONY fan last gen.....became one in late 05 after finally dumping the terrible Gamecube & buying a PS2......only to find what brilliant games I had been missing out on.

So really I never felt the bad effects of the early PS3 days as I had suffered the same way during the GC era.....but now that PS3 (in a way GC never did) is picking up I can't help but be quite smug....

yes, but we must control these feelings as they might turn future console buyers off. Thats the last thing we want. lol

Most future buyers aren't around in forums.....don't worry.

Besides after we had to suffer the horrible Wii60 days lets enjoy now....atleast for 2 weeks as after 360 is $199....who knows what will happen

Last time 360 beat PS3 WW 5 weeks ago acording to VGC, it was horrible time for PS3 fans on this site till july NPD. Now one can only imagine how bad things were in 07.

Around the Network
vdoesntforgive said:
forevercloud3000 said:

I geuss what I am saying is, we can relax on the Sony Protection Force a bit....

I agree. By the way...

No games.

Five hundred and ninty-nine US dollars

No PS2 backwards compatibility.

Real-time weapon change.

90% of the games are bad 360 ports.

Talledega Nights.

PS3SUX.

And I still don't agree with the majority of what you say, and I do believe you are completely ignorant to most things not sony related...

But I'm liking your new direction.

You know, it is statements like those that make me want to rant and rave unleashing flaming abyss upon you......but I won't.

I wont flame you. I wont.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

And you're 19?

forevercloud3000 said:

For the last few months or so I have noticed the Sony bandwagon to be in full force. We have been relentless in our belief that PS3 is a superior console and the like. My question is have we gone a little too far?

I like putting an xbot/ninny in their respected places as much as the next person, but must we be so aggressive? I blame the current shift of the market. Last gen we PS heads had absolutely nothing to fear from anything that came the PS2's way. PS2 survived the Dreamcast,Xbox, and Gamecube, making more then all 3 systems combined. When this generation began it initialy was not boding well for the survival of the PS3. It came out a whole year later then the Xbox 360, was priced at double the price points of the 360 and Wii, and introduced new technology unheard off by many. The PS3 was one huge risk to gamble on. At the start many say the PS3 as an inevitable failure this gen, and commenced saying such all across the interweb. Sony bashing was the "it" thing to do at the time and everyone was taking a piece.

PS3's shakey future...

"The PS3 has no games! lol! Silly Sony fags!"

"PS3 is not a gaming console! Gamers don't need BluRay!"

"BluRay is going to FAIL, and take the PS3 with it!"

"THe PS3 cost too much! No one is going to buy it!"

The list goes on and on with all kinds of slander aimed towards those who were early adopters of the PS3. Yet Sony fans had to take most of this in stride. We were lacking in the game department, bluray was unsure, it was quite exspensive. There were many things pointing to the downfall of Sony's gaming department. NOt to add that we remained in the back of the line, being in a distant third place. Yet Sony fans knew better then to give up hope so easily. We would not be swayed so easily.

PS3's Winning Streak

BluRay won over HD DVD, sales of the format have started to duplicate each year.

Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid 4 came out, giving life to the PS3 library.

360 was hit with an AIDs like desease only know as RROD(Red Ring of DEATH) as well as a whole assortment of failed hardware complaints.

Sony updated the PSN and XMB user enterface, giving it many of XBL's attributes, bringing it on par with the dominant service.

Sony's line up of games thickens with HUGE(lol) titles such as Little Big Planet, Resistance 2,Infamous, Killzone2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, White Knight Chronicles, MAG, Valkyria Chronicles, Home, and Heavy Rain. Aswell as us getting a few titles that were heralded as 360 exclusives (Bioshock, Enchanted Arms, Lost Planet, Oblivion, etc). Things were definitely looking much brighter.

Sony Hype Train

Things were looking much better for the Sony side. Not only was our system coming to fruition with it's promises, it was outdoing the competition. The PS3 sales started to skyrocket past it's main enemy, the 360. Now it was time for all the doubters to see what Sony had in store for them all along. As the months past the Sony Hype Train strengthened in numbers dramatically. The fanbase turned rabid, attacking all that opposed their fearless leader. We ran through countless towns(forums) slaying men women and children alike. The Sony hype train would leave no survivors.

Vengful Sony Nerds vs. Remorseful Fans

Now that we have seemingly the upper hand of things, with an assured 2nd seat at least this console generation, we commensed in giving what all the Xbots and Nintendo Nerds deserved, a royal flaming! Yet now the generation gamers have changed(?). Now everyone across the interwebs is always harping about "Why can't we both just enjoy our consoles?" or "Why can't we all just get along?" or even "If you get them all, everyone is happy!".

.......really? You want sovereignty after all the bashing and taunting Sony fans went through initially? You want me to not flame a 360 game to holy hell even though your kind did it just a few months ago when the PS3 needed suporters? We are all of a sudden suppose to be the bigger......(gamer?) and not do the same kinds of things xbox fans, and nintendo fans did already. While it has much validity to it, me personally, I dont want to, I want to continue being petty and let everyone know what I feel about their console choice, yet I know this is wrong. I have begun to realize that we as Sony fans have become quite overwhelming, if not suffocating to the gaming community. We are all over every internet forum, website article these days. We don't need to rub it in anymore then need be.

I geuss what I am saying is, we can relax on the Sony Protection Force a bit....

but we will always be watching you........BOTS

I remember those days...but even though I own all three I have always been faithful in Sony's beast. My biggest issue with this is that you forgot to name the game that ended all of the "you  have no games" comments and began a string of great exclusives: Warhawk. You also fail to mention Folklore :(.

One thing is certain though: This Sony train wont be leaving any survivors.

I give this thread a 10.

NiKKoM said:
forevercloud3000 said:
NiKKoM said:
vdoesntforgive said:
Any chance that you can sum up this post in a couple of lines, so that i can begin trolling you?

We're the best, others sucks... But I don't want to say it all the time, because we are better then you..

Obviously you did not read the ful post, otherwise you would know this is trying to douce the Sony Hype Train flames.

Yet such comments can be expected of you NiKKom...

??? So my summary is correct.. You don't want to say every time that the others sucks and the PS3 is the best..  but you're still in the last place..

I will not flame you!

I will not flame you!

I will not flame you!.........

I do think the PS3 is better in every way, but I no longer feel the need to say it. I will simply let data speak for itself.

I said I would be more quiet about it, not that my stance on the situation has changed.

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network
perpride said:
forevercloud3000 said:

For the last few months or so I have noticed the Sony bandwagon to be in full force. We have been relentless in our belief that PS3 is a superior console and the like. My question is have we gone a little too far?

I like putting an xbot/ninny in their respected places as much as the next person, but must we be so aggressive? I blame the current shift of the market. Last gen we PS heads had absolutely nothing to fear from anything that came the PS2's way. PS2 survived the Dreamcast,Xbox, and Gamecube, making more then all 3 systems combined. When this generation began it initialy was not boding well for the survival of the PS3. It came out a whole year later then the Xbox 360, was priced at double the price points of the 360 and Wii, and introduced new technology unheard off by many. The PS3 was one huge risk to gamble on. At the start many say the PS3 as an inevitable failure this gen, and commenced saying such all across the interweb. Sony bashing was the "it" thing to do at the time and everyone was taking a piece.

PS3's shakey future...

"The PS3 has no games! lol! Silly Sony fags!"

"PS3 is not a gaming console! Gamers don't need BluRay!"

"BluRay is going to FAIL, and take the PS3 with it!"

"THe PS3 cost too much! No one is going to buy it!"

The list goes on and on with all kinds of slander aimed towards those who were early adopters of the PS3. Yet Sony fans had to take most of this in stride. We were lacking in the game department, bluray was unsure, it was quite exspensive. There were many things pointing to the downfall of Sony's gaming department. NOt to add that we remained in the back of the line, being in a distant third place. Yet Sony fans knew better then to give up hope so easily. We would not be swayed so easily.

PS3's Winning Streak

BluRay won over HD DVD, sales of the format have started to duplicate each year.

Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid 4 came out, giving life to the PS3 library.

360 was hit with an AIDs like desease only know as RROD(Red Ring of DEATH) as well as a whole assortment of failed hardware complaints.

Sony updated the PSN and XMB user enterface, giving it many of XBL's attributes, bringing it on par with the dominant service.

Sony's line up of games thickens with HUGE(lol) titles such as Little Big Planet, Resistance 2,Infamous, Killzone2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, White Knight Chronicles, MAG, Valkyria Chronicles, Home, and Heavy Rain. Aswell as us getting a few titles that were heralded as 360 exclusives (Bioshock, Enchanted Arms, Lost Planet, Oblivion, etc). Things were definitely looking much brighter.

Sony Hype Train

Things were looking much better for the Sony side. Not only was our system coming to fruition with it's promises, it was outdoing the competition. The PS3 sales started to skyrocket past it's main enemy, the 360. Now it was time for all the doubters to see what Sony had in store for them all along. As the months past the Sony Hype Train strengthened in numbers dramatically. The fanbase turned rabid, attacking all that opposed their fearless leader. We ran through countless towns(forums) slaying men women and children alike. The Sony hype train would leave no survivors.

Vengful Sony Nerds vs. Remorseful Fans

Now that we have seemingly the upper hand of things, with an assured 2nd seat at least this console generation, we commensed in giving what all the Xbots and Nintendo Nerds deserved, a royal flaming! Yet now the generation gamers have changed(?). Now everyone across the interwebs is always harping about "Why can't we both just enjoy our consoles?" or "Why can't we all just get along?" or even "If you get them all, everyone is happy!".

.......really? You want sovereignty after all the bashing and taunting Sony fans went through initially? You want me to not flame a 360 game to holy hell even though your kind did it just a few months ago when the PS3 needed suporters? We are all of a sudden suppose to be the bigger......(gamer?) and not do the same kinds of things xbox fans, and nintendo fans did already. While it has much validity to it, me personally, I dont want to, I want to continue being petty and let everyone know what I feel about their console choice, yet I know this is wrong. I have begun to realize that we as Sony fans have become quite overwhelming, if not suffocating to the gaming community. We are all over every internet forum, website article these days. We don't need to rub it in anymore then need be.

but we will always be watching you........BOTS

I remember those days...but even though I own all three I have always been faithful in Sony's beast. My biggest issue with this is that you forgot to name the game that ended all of the "you  have no games" comments and began a string of great exclusives: Warhawk. You also fail to mention Folklore :(.

One thing is certain though: This Sony train wont be leaving any survivors.

I give this thread a 10.

Funny thing is Warhawk was the major breakthrough last August itself.....I remember threads were made proclaiming its online prowess.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@OP

Look how that Infinite Undiscovery thread turned out when Too Human came up, along with IU. I called them out and said you got two crappy games in a row, and that it's kind of revenge for all the shit that was dished out in 2007. And they turned around and were like "Oh you're taking it too personally, just because others did it doesn't mean you can do it back to them"

Yes the hell I can

@perpride
thanks ^^!

I was just giving a small sample that disproves the hater's points. I know there are some more examples out there.

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:

You know, it is statements like those that make me want to rant and rave unleashing flaming abyss upon you......but I won't.

I wont flame you. I wont.

You wont because it's the truth, sonny Jim.

To tell you where I stand on this whole situation though... I have absolutely nothing against any particular console, if I can find a game that fully takes advantage of the console it's releases on and appeals to me personally, then I will have no problems supporting them. I share no loyalty to any particular system manufacturer. I just generally find that Sony friends seem to be the most egotistical, ignorant superiority complexed POS of the whole community. And the bigger the reality check they get, the better.

You see how you get angry reading my last post? That's how most people feel reading the opnions of a Sony Freind.

BMaker11 said:
@OP

Look how that Infinite Undiscovery thread turned out when Too Human came up, along with IU. I called them out and said you got two crappy games in a row, and that it's kind of revenge for all the shit that was dished out in 2007. And they turned around and were like "Oh you're taking it too personally, just because others did it doesn't mean you can do it back to them"

Yes the hell I can

LMFAO hahahahaha! I know how ya feel man.

Greatness Awaits