By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Sony Fanbase become an Overwhelming(Suffocating) Force?

I think a lot of the PS3 flaming was deserved in the beginning. The hard to be found Sony support was for a reason. Sony was extremely arrogant out the gate, and until recently (after numerous financial bitchslappings) woke up and started listening to their customers, and is now doing great.

The PS3 is a great console, and its owners deserve to be happy with their product. I love my 360 and Wii, and couldn't be happier with them....that's why I stand by them, just like the Sony fans stand by the PS3. Flaming and arrogance will be portrayed by all sides (including myself), regardless.

90% of buyers dont care about the console War. They just love playing games. This Gen has been, and will continue to be, phenomenal for all GAMERS, regardless of console owned.

Around the Network

Good post man. It's nice to lighten up.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

This site definitely needs more 360 fans. It's a little sad when the whole 360 community can be defined by one name: Squilliam.

It's been a very nice summer for 360 owners, with Braid, Castle Crashers, Soul Calibur IV, and many other great titles.

Maybe that's why we don't see much of them now a days...

forevercloud3000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
All the shit you guys gave the other systems at the end of the 6th gen, and you are complaining about how you got it bad for one year?

I know the Microsoft fanboys can dumb, and the Nintendo fanboys can be immature, but you Sony fanboys are brats. You always complain about getting the same treatment you gave three times over.

I have never seen the amount of fanboyism that exists now in the 6th gen of gaming. This is all relatively new. The PS2 was such an overwhelming force that very little could be debated on it. The current gen consoles are much better formidable foes then those of old.

I'm not referring to the debate on the PS2. The context was obviously about the shit thrown at the other consoles at the time, but you obviously didn't see that, the same way you aren't seeing the other sides right now.

The PS3 is doing well, but you don't have reason to counter gloat, just based on one year of PS3 bashing, considering the Gamcbue and Xbox got four times that at least.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Oh, and not I'm not commenting on any systems, just how Sony fanboys are spoiled and can't dish out what they take, mainly because this thread is focused on Sony fanboys. If I see a thread about the other fanboys, I'll see if I can call them out as well.

You're all assholes.

EDIT: In canse DMJ wants to throw Ubisoft in my face, that's not a legitimate counter to my comments, since I geniunely though Ubisoft was being a bunch of jerks to Wii gamers. When I found out it was just a few trolls, I dropped it. For those who continue the boycott in the face of all the games Ubisoft is giving the Wii, they are being dumb fanboys.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
This site definitely needs more 360 fans. It's a little sad when the whole 360 community can be defined by one name: Squilliam

Smeags, there´s also starcraft, gebx and mrstickball.

JGarret said:
This site definitely needs more 360 fans. It's a little sad when the whole 360 community can be defined by one name: Squilliam

Yup

the internet and the gaming world made the sony fanz like this when they all stabbed us in the back and tormented us. now its payback

muahahahaha

Frankly, this is an ego stroking topic.

"Yes, we're big, we're bad, but let's not beat up on the weaklings too much. We don't want to be an overwhelming force, though of course we are capable."

Here is my reply to those particular fanboys who fall into the category of "radical":

7 signs of an inferiority complex:

Sensitivity To Criticism: Although people who feel inferior “know” they have shortcomings, they do not like other people to point this out.  They tend to perceive any form of criticism, regardless of how sensitively or constructively it is presented, as a personal attack.

Hypercritical Attitude: People who do not feel good about themselves have trouble feeling good about anyone else.  They look hard for flaws and shortcomings of others to try to convince themselves that they really aren’t so bad after all.  These people cannot feel intelligent, attractive, competent, etc., unless they are the most intelligent, attractive and competent person around.

Inappropriate Response To Flattery:  This can work two ways.  Some people are desperate to hear anything good about themselves and will be constantly fishing for compliments.  Others may refuse to listen to anything positive about themselves because it is inconsistent with their own feelings.

Tendency Toward Blaming:  Some people project their perceived weaknesses onto others in order to lessen the pain of feeling inferior.  From here, it is only a short step to blaming others for one’s failures. IE Moneyhatting, casual gaming, ect.

Feelings Of Persecution: Carried to its extreme, blaming others can extend to believing that others are actively seeking to ruin you.  If a man is fired from his job, for example, it may comfort him to believe that his boss was out to get him.  It allows him to avoid personal responsibility for his failure.

Negative Feelings About Competition: People who feel inferior like to win games and contests every bit as anyone else, but they tend to avoid such situations because deep down, they believe they cannot win.  And not coming in first is clear evidence of total failure. IE Fanboys make negative topics about other consoles, rather than positive ones about their own.

Tendency Toward Seclusiveness And Timidity:  Because people with an inferiority complex believe that they are not as interesting or intelligent as others, they believe that other people will feel the same way about them.  So they tend to avoid social situations, and when they are forced to be with others, they will avoid speaking up because they believe doing so will only provide an embarrassing demonstration of their dullness and stupidity.

You feel the NEED for your console to be the best.

You could post a million times, and nobody would raise an eyebrow, so you just attempt to become more and more controversial in your trolls, attempting to get the attention your ordinary pro-Sony trolls can no longer attain for you.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Million said:
JGarret said:

Yup

There's also that Burgles and ZenfolderVGIVGIUII...  something like that...

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.