By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Eternal Sonata PS3 first week sales > LTD sales of 360 version? (JAPAN)

starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
I am sure it will. Maybe it will shut people up, when they say, RPG's don't sell on PS3.

No, they say JRPG's dont sell on the PS3. 

As of this moment, they are correct.

Can you show me proof that JRPG's don't sell on the PS3

The highest selling JRPG on the PS3 sold 150k.

The highest on the Xbox 360 sold over 800k (and still steadily increasing).

So a JRPG by Sakaguchi sell MORE than one of the worst JRPG's ever made

Shocking isn't it

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
I am sure it will. Maybe it will shut people up, when they say, RPG's don't sell on PS3.

Is that Enchanted arms? The game that sold 140K on 360. That was the worst example you could have chosen.

Lost Odyssey is selling great. It should reach the 1M mark. It doesn't have anything to do with the PS3 though... 

Atleast 80k First week for improved JRPG? Possible. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I think it will do very well. Enchanted Arms sold twice as well on the ps3 than it did on the 360 in Japan (40k vs 20k according to Media Create).

tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:

Is that Enchanted arms? The game that sold 140K on 360. That was the worst example you could have chosen.

Lost Odyssey is selling great. It should reach the 1M mark. It doesn't have anything to do with the PS3 though... 

Definitely the worst example he could've chosen.  We only have NA numbers for that title as well, and if the ps3 version sold better in NA of all places, that doesn't bode well for the 360's ability to sell JRPGs compared to the ps3.

I wonder what the numbers would be like if we had VGC numbers for Japan and Europe?

Around the Network

it definetly will.

actually enchanted arms sold more on the ps3 even if was a crappy 360 port.

makingmusic476 said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:

Definitely the worst example he could've chosen.  We only have NA numbers for that title as well, and if the ps3 version sold better in NA of all places, that doesn't bode well for the 360's ability to sell JRPGs compared to the ps3.

I wonder what the numbers would be like if we had VGC numbers for Japan and Europe?

At best, you can say this: Jrpg's sell so-so on the 360 (no million sellers yet, but there's definitely candidates). Jrpg's on the PS3: untested. 

And when those Jrpg's come out for the PS3, I gaurantee you the PS3 will prove to be a better jrpg platform than 360.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

I don't know, Oblivion sold better on the 360 than the PS3 in Japan, but then again Oblivion is a WRPG and not a JRPG.

Its a late port, I doubt it'll sell that much week one. It should outsell the 360 version overall in regards to japan though.