By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 is the only future proof next generation console.

Welcome to VGC Sardauk :)

I think that the PS3 definitely has the greatest level of 'future proofness' but for me and many others it's not really important..

i know that when the next generation of hardware comes along we'll all be amazed at how they destroy the 'old' consoles with their new tech and features so really the whole 10 year plan thing is just Sony wanting to continue to sell consoles to people who can't afford the cost of the next generation. If you could buy any game on PS2 and PS3, which would you most likely choose?

Around the Network
starcraft said:
blink182 said:
blazinhead89 said:
blink182 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

X360 and Wii well we know they have not been built for 10 year lifespans. Both X360 and Wii are good consoles in their own right.They are more designed at cashing in for the short term. Wii is definitely setting the world on fire with its capturing of the casual markets which has boosted sales dramatically. X360 is targeted primarily towards the shooter fanbase with the games that it offers.

However the future of gaming is with PS3 which will push graphics to the highest limits. PS3 is for the high technology video game fan. Blu-Ray, internet browsing, game machine, the all in one console that is the PS3.

^Discuss people

Rock please don't take this as offensive or malicious in any way but you act like somebody who has a really small penis who's so insecure by its size that he'll constantly find ways to bring up in conversation how huge his penis is and how much he pleases the ladies with it  and so forth with your constant glorification of the ps3.

like i said i'm not being malicious at all, i enjoy reading your posts and threads as they're always rather humorous.

You do know he Jokes a lot right???? >_>

Oh i do, absolutely but so does the man with a small penis sir, like i said i enjoy rocks posts and threads because of the "desperate" humour, brings a smile to ones face.

The word's "dont take this as offensive or malicious in any way" do not justify the use of personal insults at all.

I STRONGLY suggest you edit your post before mods arrive to deal with the inevitable reporting of your comments.

But sir, i'm not saying that rock has a small penis at all, i'm just comparing him to the man with the small penis who deals with his insecurity by making jokes about how huge it is and trying to convince other people that it's a "huge ladykiller".

Rock if you take offense with what i posted i'll edit it out immediately but i know you have a great sense of humour and i hope you see my post for what it is, a humorous comparison not an insult.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

well said starcraft, i can recall last week someone fired off offensive remark at u also, i belive anyone who fires off lingo like that should be dealt with

on topic though i belive the ps3 to be the best console this gen, i really hope u get a ps3 starcraft, wen u do u will enjoy ur purchase and get much use out of it. heck im typing this using my ps3 browser and mini kb its great

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

The PS2 wasn't built for a 10-year lifespan, but it looks like it'll have one. Given that, I'm not terribly worried about the 360 or Wii.

Meanwhile, in "future-proofing" the PS3, they had to drive the price up so absurdly high that they pretty much assured that the PS3 is indeed future-proof: it has no future at all.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Wii was outdated when it was released. Does that make games less fun? **** no. Is having fun what consoles are for? **** yes.

Around the Network

the wii will be the future proof? Imagine that scenario, in 4 years, Nintendo came up with a console that can do anything the wii can do, plus having HD, plus having bluray, plus having a internal HD, plus some new marvel that ninteno could pull to continue to suprise the market. Then you put at $300. Nobody would buy a wii, not even as paper weight. The MS will try to pull the same string they pull this gen and will launch their console early( hopefully without too many deffects), letting x360 die like they did with the xb. The ps3 will be outdated, but not by that much. Sony will not burn a fortune again to pull a gold priced plataform at release. They will upgrade a little the ps3, put something like the wii remote (obligatoty for next gen) along with the old pad, Bc (hopefully) and lauch it at a resonable price. But the ps3 will continue to be viable. It will be cheap, will have a large library, and work as media hub, won´t have the ps2 legs, but will be better than the last gen second places( n64, GC, XB,...). After ps4, I think it will sell 10 mln in 3 or 4 years before the plug is pulled.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

ps3 isn't gonna last ten years
sony just will skip next generation

ps3 is a living and breathing organism lol

playnext3 said:
ps3 is a living and breathing organism lol

I just put that back into my signature. Classic. lol

i agree with you 100%

the ps3 is going to be selling really well long after the other consoles have died. it is really future proof and unless a big sudden leap in technology happens from out of the blu, i can see the ps3 selling for many many years