By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 is the only future proof next generation console.

Rock_on_2008 said:

Next generation is a term used to describe the current generation.

PS3 is in the high end product market.

Wii is in the low end product market.

X360 is in the traditional product market.

Three different market segments.

Oh Rock_On, how i love thee so....and i dont think you have a small penis

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
aavidbacon said:
the wii will be the future proof? Imagine that scenario, in 4 years, Nintendo came up with a console that can do anything the wii can do, plus having HD, plus having bluray, plus having a internal HD, plus some new marvel that ninteno could pull to continue to suprise the market. Then you put at $300. Nobody would buy a wii, not even as paper weight. The MS will try to pull the same string they pull this gen and will launch their console early( hopefully without too many deffects), letting x360 die like they did with the xb. The ps3 will be outdated, but not by that much. Sony will not burn a fortune again to pull a gold priced plataform at release. They will upgrade a little the ps3, put something like the wii remote (obligatoty for next gen) along with the old pad, Bc (hopefully) and lauch it at a resonable price. But the ps3 will continue to be viable. It will be cheap, will have a large library, and work as media hub, won´t have the ps2 legs, but will be better than the last gen second places( n64, GC, XB,...). After ps4, I think it will sell 10 mln in 3 or 4 years before the plug is pulled.

4 years from now sounds fine to me, after all that will be 6 years from Wii launch... the same length of time as between PS1>PS2 and PS2>PS3.

Fine by me... but they are not going to do that sooner than 4 years from now because there is no point, the Wii does not live or die upon it's technical specifications, and thus when the next Nintendo console comes out, the Wii will continue selling for a while because it will still be popular, and cheaper than all the new consoles, just like the PS2, PS1, SNES, NES before it.

Rock_on_2008 said:

However the future of gaming is with PS3 which will push graphics to the highest limits. PS3 is for the high technology video game fan. Blu-Ray, internet browsing, game machine, the all in one console that is the PS3.

^Discuss people

I'm not interested in the future at the moment, this is one of the reasons I don't have any interest in PS3. As a matter of fact I don't like the 10 year plan, I think the life span of a console should be 5-6 years at most.

@Rock on: We're living in the future?
I'm currently typing this with my next mobile phone, that i have had for more than two years. I was in my next job today, what i have been doing for eight years.
Yes, now i got it.

So, by your segments, PS3 is winning because it has no competition. How come 360 was in traditional market, while PS3 wasn't?

@Millennium: According to Sony, PS2 was supposed to last ten years.

@Starcraft: Blinks comparision was valid. If we look at the psycholigical reasoning behind it, i would say the same mechanisms work in both cases.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Millennium said:
The PS2 wasn't built for a 10-year lifespan, but it looks like it'll have one. Given that, I'm not terribly worried about the 360 or Wii.

Meanwhile, in "future-proofing" the PS3, they had to drive the price up so absurdly high that they pretty much assured that the PS3 is indeed future-proof: it has no future at all.

I love stupid posts like this^^

Just read the ssales of all 2008 and see that the ps3 is killing the 360 (with no price drop)

Around the Network

I just read the article from Gamepro.com with the interview from GEARS OF WAR 2 producer and I must say I think he is quite right. He made this statement:

As expected, the Xbox 360 is slowing on the "wow" graphics factor as the console makes it over the hill. "We're certainly approaching the upper end of [Xbox 360 graphics]," said Gears of War 2 producer Rod Fergusson, in an interview with Gamasutra last week. >

The wow graphic factor are approaching to an end for 360 games. While minor improvement and tweaks are still possible with some demos show.

Prediction: XBOX360 will still have good looking games, but just not that wow factor that original GEARS delivered. As the development for PS3 games matures, we will be expecting to see some breakthrough in the graphic department. MGS4 then RESISTANCE 2 then KILLZONE 2 then INFAMOUS then WARDEVIL then UNCHARTED2 then HEAVY RAIN then AFRIKA

bdbdbd said:
I'm currently typing this with my next mobile phone, that i have had for more than two years. I was in my next job today, what i have been doing for eight years.
Yes, now i got it.

So, by your segments, PS3 is winning because it has no competition. How come 360 was in traditional market, while PS3 wasn't?

@Starcraft: Blinks comparision was valid. If we look at the psycholigical reasoning behind it, i would say the same mechanisms work in both cases.

in 2010 ps2 will have its 10 year life span. If you think that the ps2 will stop selling completely before then then you are wrong... as in some places its still selling faster then the 360...and ps3 really.

TWRoO said:
aavidbacon said:
the wii will be the future proof? Imagine that scenario, in 4 years, Nintendo came up with a console that can do anything the wii can do, plus having HD, plus having bluray, plus having a internal HD, plus some new marvel that ninteno could pull to continue to suprise the market. Then you put at $300. Nobody would buy a wii, not even as paper weight. The MS will try to pull the same string they pull this gen and will launch their console early( hopefully without too many deffects), letting x360 die like they did with the xb. The ps3 will be outdated, but not by that much. Sony will not burn a fortune again to pull a gold priced plataform at release. They will upgrade a little the ps3, put something like the wii remote (obligatoty for next gen) along with the old pad, Bc (hopefully) and lauch it at a resonable price. But the ps3 will continue to be viable. It will be cheap, will have a large library, and work as media hub, won´t have the ps2 legs, but will be better than the last gen second places( n64, GC, XB,...). After ps4, I think it will sell 10 mln in 3 or 4 years before the plug is pulled.

4 years from now sounds fine to me, after all that will be 6 years from Wii launch... the same length of time as between PS1>PS2 and PS2>PS3.

Fine by me... but they are not going to do that sooner than 4 years from now because there is no point, the Wii does not live or die upon it's technical specifications, and thus when the next Nintendo console comes out, the Wii will continue selling for a while because it will still be popular, and cheaper than all the new consoles, just like the PS2, PS1, SNES, NES before it.

That´s my point, 4 years is a good start date for a new gen. But I think that people will jump at the new wii(I don´t know wich name they will pull, nintendo always innovate with names), the price will be low enough. The mistique about the wii remote, or even the motion+ will have died out. when people get to the stores and look at a $100 ps3 and a $90 wii they will get a ps3, most of the time, if only because of the bluray(it will be a better drive until then) and the HD to store movies from the net. So I think the new Nintendo can be a success, but will oblitarate wii.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Rock_on_2008 said:
I just read the article from Gamepro.com with the interview from GEARS OF WAR 2 producer and I must say I think he is quite right. He made this statement:

As expected, the Xbox 360 is slowing on the "wow" graphics factor as the console makes it over the hill. "We're certainly approaching the upper end of [Xbox 360 graphics]," said Gears of War 2 producer Rod Fergusson, in an interview with Gamasutra last week. >

The wow graphic factor are approaching to an end for 360 games. While minor improvement and tweaks are still possible with some demos show.

Prediction: XBOX360 will still have good looking games, but just not that wow factor that original GEARS delivered. As the development for PS3 games matures, we will be expecting to see some breakthrough in the graphic department. MGS4 then RESISTANCE 2 then KILLZONE 2 then INFAMOUS then WARDEVIL then UNCHARTED2 then HEAVY RAIN then AFRIKA

Epic is well know for that kind of quote... they want to remain top dogs, meaning nobody will beat the graphics of GOW2 on the 360. Blah..

Anyway, what are the facts of the PS3 "futurproveness" anyway ? So far, it is only marketing bullsh**ts. Come on guys ? Facts ? Hello anybody ?? The BlueRay is useless: The futur of gaming is via the internet distribution and so far who really achieved some tremendous results AND revenues ? ----> XBOX LIVE and that is a fact. Even nintendo is implementing a simialr system to the wii. People are buying the PS3 as a BR reader plateform not a gaming plateform pfff 

It is easy to say ''oooh my palteform is top notch it WIIIIIIILLL achieve in the futur, you WIIIIL seee...''

Hell we are waiting for years already ...

BEHOLD THE POWER of a system nobody saw already ... (why I am wasting my time on those topics anyway, I'm the jerk trying to convince lifeless geeks ...).

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

bdbdbd said:
Yes, now i got it.

LMAO ur fear of the ps3 is priceless !! juss learn to accept