By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE:UC (Wii) - Capcom say the game is a test, maybe more RE to follow...

Just came across this - interesting...

http://aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=15065

"Resident Evil producer, Masachika Kawata, has said in a new interview that Capcom's upcoming Wii exclusive, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, is somewhat of a test to see how the series will perform on the Wii, and that this is the primary reason why Resident Evil 5 isn't being developed for Nintendo's new generation console.

However, Kawata expressed interest in remaking past Resident Evil titles for the console, presumably in the style of the recently released Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, which sports the slick over-the-shoulder camera view and intuitive pointer aiming.

Unfortunately, Kawata also confirmed that Umbrella Chronicles will lack an online mode, but he added that the development team is still looking into utilising other functions of the Wii Remote, as well as the Nunchuk.

He concluded that the game will be more than just a stock-standard light gun experience, and he reiterated that the aim on the story front is to tie up the loose ends of the past games in the series."

I guess RE5 for the Wii isn't totally out of the question - if UC sells well. Sounds like a call to arms for Ninty/RE fans to pickup UC!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I do not want more remakes. RE2 deserve a remake that game was the best in the series until RE4. But RE3 sucked. A remake may not be enough to save it. As for RE, I think there is already a lot of releases/remakes/ports. It really killed the original. The bad voice acting had some charm on the PSX, on the DS it make the game embarrassing to play.
If they want a real test make a real game, not a spin off or cheap ports (I am not talking about RE4 Wii)
And yes I know the UC is looking good and I want to play it bad, but still it is not as big news as RE5.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I don't like the idea of a game being a "test"...but if it means more games, why not!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm not too surprised by this 'announcement'. Many developers are testing the Wii waters to see if they should bring other big franchises to the Wii. Rockstar was going to use Manhunt 2 as a gauge for the GTA series. And Namco is using Soul Caliber Legends.

I have mixed feelings about some of the titles developers are using for these tests, Many are 'dumbed down' versions of the franchises and I don't think their sales create a clear picture of what will and will not sell on the Wii. While I want to see more titles, we already have enough mini game collections to last the life of the console.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

these are projects still they would of been started early on in wii life when everyone was anticipating the PS3 to dominate right and had the wii written off as a factor?

there could be a lot more good stuff in early development as some of these leading developers have pledged more support to Nintendo in recent times.

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Around the Network

These games started very early in the Wii's life...but it was pretty clear the Wii would be a hit by then...

Perhaps they didn't realize how many cheap games would be put out from then til now though...

These isn't a negative announcement though...they're saying if RE:UC does well, we get more RE!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Yeah, I'm not digging this 'test' business either. I love light gun games so I'll absolutely be picking this up either way, but developers getting lazy with their games to test the waters is getting tiring. "We'll throw them Wii owners a crappy port of a year old game and if they don't buy it we will never support Nintendo again." This isn't really in regard to Capcom since they're actually putting forth an effort with RE:UC and RE4 is fantastic. I'm just saying is all.

Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

Everyone who owns a Wii must buy this game. Bodhesatva commands it!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Punch Rockgroin said:
Yeah, I'm not digging this 'test' business either. I love light gun games so I'll absolutely be picking this up either way, but developers getting lazy with their games to test the waters is getting tiring. "We'll throw them Wii owners a crappy port of a year old game and if they don't buy it we will never support Nintendo again." This isn't really in regard to Capcom since they're actually putting forth an effort with RE:UC and RE4 is fantastic. I'm just saying is all.

I don't actually think anyone is doing that though. Sure there's been a lot of crappy cash in games. But none of the have been tests on which future development is based. At least not that I can think of.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

More RE games = More RE Spinoffs or RE 5?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!