By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE:UC (Wii) - Capcom say the game is a test, maybe more RE to follow...

Parokki said:
I might be interested in remakes IF they put all the games from 0 to 3 +CV on one disk, or a multidisk game that's sold for cheap. Otherwise there's no way I'm paying for games I already own.

Let's hope UC sells well, and that they'll eventually decide to port number five over to the Wii. The developers might not be the same as behind RE4, but the decision makers haven't changed AFAIK. =P

I think that would be the best idea, though may be too expensive since they would be porting the games into an entirely new engine.  RE4:Wii was basically the same engine as the GC version, they just had to update the PS2 parts.  Also, not everyone, even including long time gamers like myself, have played all the RE games.  I've played 2 and I think it was 0 but I didn't beat either them.  So there is a market for such games.

I think that RE4 is the better, if still imperfect, test case.  While RE4 looks to be a safe bet to beat Capcom's expectations I'm not so sure RE:UC will break 600k.  Nevertheless, I will be buying it if only to learn the back story and such of the RE series.  It is interesting how non-commital he was when asked about RE5 only be a PS360 effort.  No telling what that means though.

@bodhesatva

I'm not so sure ever Wii fan should buy RE:UC I do agree Wii owners need to buy the major 3rd party games coming.  I'm doing my part, I have RE:UC, Zack & Wiki, Dewy, MySims, and Madden on my list.

Around the Network

IMO Resi UC will sell incredibly well surely >1.5m WW and more Resident evils will come to the Wii. By the way, notice how come all of us have got used to the name where one year ago we were so put off?

Have just started playing the Gamecube Resident Evil remake, and was planning on buying the other Gamecube Resident Evil titles but am going to have to wait and see what happens now.

It seems to me that there'd be too much work involved in redoing the older games using the Resident Evil 4 engine. Will take them too long I think.

Bodhesatva said:
Everyone who owns a Wii must buy this game. Bodhesatva commands it!

Your wish is my command, o' master. :p

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait to use the Zapper with this game!

Around the Network

More yummy Jill for me.

I went to a Dave and Buster's over the weekend (firts time in an arcade in years) and re-acquainted myself with rails shooters. After several sessions of time Crisis, Ghost Squad, and House of the Dead, I'm significantly more excited about this game than I was before. And if good sales = more RE for Wii, then so much the better. It's not quite in my top ten list, but it's getting close.