By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespot reviews Infinite Undiscovery - 6.5

starcraft said:
BMaker11 said:
badgenome said:
starcraft said:
BMaker11 said:

PS3 fan this, PS3 fan that. How about we go over to Kotaku (known to be biased against the PS3...I mean every article that has to do with the PS3 always ends in "Maybe it'll go multiplat" or "I'm sure 360 fans will (insert whatever)"):

http://kotaku.com/5020989/too-human-this-has-to-be-the-worst-game-ive-played-in-the-last-5-years

Did you seriously just link to an article on a 360 biased website from BEFORE Too Human was released pointing out why Xbox 360 owners are not hyped for the game?

Self Ownage.

I LOL'd.

To both you and starcraft:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=16195

Oh looky here, a few quotes  from starcraft:

"Lol. They better revise the release schedule, because this looks like one of the best games to be released on any console this year."

"PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!!!"

No hype my ass

LOL!!! There is a grand total of like FIFTEEN posts in that thread.  Indeed, most of the threads discussion is about how everyone has FORGOTTEN the game. 

As for MY comments?  How do you think I know so much about the hypetrain (or lack thereof)?  I have ALWAYS had my eye on the title.

Give up buddy, this thread is not going well for you.

Need more?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=37178

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=36120

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=38125

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=33194

Around the Network
badgenome said:
BMaker11 said:
Not some internet forum. THIS internet forum. Don't go around and say there was no hype, yet a forum you were apart of was hyped for it. Hell, I was hyped for KZ2 all the way back in 2005. Does that mean that the hype has subsided, 3 years later? No. In fact, as it gets closer to release, I'm getting MORE hyped for it.

Back on topic, the Metacritic score for IU is at 71% and Gamerankings has it at 72% so anyone who says these reviewers are stupid, even though the scores are in the same range, are just plain silly

Imagine that Killzone 2 got a bunch of previews saying, "Uh... this game has problems." Your excitement wouldn't diminish? Because that's exactly what happened with Too Human.

Also, for the record, I didn't join this site until June or so. When Too Human was already looking less than AAA.

And Grand Theft Auto IV has a Metacritic score of 98. Those reviewers are all stupid.

Like that didn't happen to Lair and Haze? The most hyped PS3 games ever (supposedly)

Regardless, I'm still going to play the game, whether Gamespot changes it score to a 1 or 0...I could care less about IGN or any person in this thread that is talking bad on the game.

How is reviews going to make people think..."oh well there goes another 360 exclusive that sucked because this reviewer gave the game a bad score"...wow so it must suck then...haha 360 owners you got another faulty JRPG"

I mean just by that above what I stated thats what is the problem and the majority of everyone in this thread that is happy that it got the review are not 360 owners.

Wow, seriously just play the game and make your own assumptions instead of listening to some reviewer that probably didn't invest as many hours as possible into the game.

BMaker11 said:
starcraft said:

LOL!!! There is a grand total of like FIFTEEN posts in that thread.  Indeed, most of the threads discussion is about how everyone has FORGOTTEN the game. 

As for MY comments?  How do you think I know so much about the hypetrain (or lack thereof)?  I have ALWAYS had my eye on the title.

Give up buddy, this thread is not going well for you.

Need more?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=37178

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=36120

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=38125

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=33194

LOL!!!!

You need to stop shooting yourself in the foot mate.  The first three turned into enormous trollfests that consisted of PS3 owners either casting doubt on the validity of pre-order figures or paying the crap out of the game.

The only remotely positive thread is the last one and it has.....wait for it....... SEVEN RESPONSES!!!

You need to start picking threads that help your argument not mine.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

BMaker11 said:
badgenome said:
BMaker11 said:
Not some internet forum. THIS internet forum. Don't go around and say there was no hype, yet a forum you were apart of was hyped for it. Hell, I was hyped for KZ2 all the way back in 2005. Does that mean that the hype has subsided, 3 years later? No. In fact, as it gets closer to release, I'm getting MORE hyped for it.

Back on topic, the Metacritic score for IU is at 71% and Gamerankings has it at 72% so anyone who says these reviewers are stupid, even though the scores are in the same range, are just plain silly

Imagine that Killzone 2 got a bunch of previews saying, "Uh... this game has problems." Your excitement wouldn't diminish? Because that's exactly what happened with Too Human.

Also, for the record, I didn't join this site until June or so. When Too Human was already looking less than AAA.

And Grand Theft Auto IV has a Metacritic score of 98. Those reviewers are all stupid.

Like that didn't happen to Lair and Haze? The most hyped PS3 games ever (supposedly)

Dunno about Lair, but I know a lot of people were pretty skeptical of Haze around the time the demo hit. Then again, I could dig up a lot of people from a number of forums going "HALO KILLER!!!!!!!!1111", too. It's easy to perform selective thread necromancy.

Around the Network
ecurbj said:

Regardless, I'm still going to play the game, whether Gamespot changes it score to a 1 or 0...I could care less about IGN or any person in this thread that is talking bad on the game.

How is reviews going to make people think..."oh well there goes another 360 exclusive that sucked because this reviewer gave the game a bad score"...wow so it must suck then...haha 360 owners you got another faulty JRPG"

I mean just by that above what I stated thats what is the problem and the majority of everyone in this thread that is happy that it got the review are not 360 owners.

Wow, seriously just play the game and make your own assumptions instead of listening to some reviewer that probably didn't invest as many hours as possible into the game.

Bashing is a two way street. Lair got it for months, Haze is still getting it. Heavenly Sword got it for almost a year until it finally broke 1 milion, etc. Now it happens twice in a row to the 360, and now everyone's getting upset that they have to get defensive. Welcome to my world in 2007

Million said:
First Too Human , Now Infinite Undiscovery eh ?

We should make a Haze + Lair + TH , IU bundle .

If your arguing reviews, Neither Too Human nor Infinite Undiscovery come to the atrocious scores that Lair or Haze have received.

Infinite Undiscovery 72.3% 6 Reviews
Too Human 69.1% 48 Reviews
Haze 56.8% 54 Reviews
Lair 55.8% 61 Reviews

Maybe it's me, but there's a huge difference between IU/TH scores and Haze/Lair scores. I fully agree that IU and TH are falling into the category of "hyped games that underwhelmed", but nowhere near Haze/Lair levels of awfulness. Lair and Haze were beyond turds. IU/TH have decent enough scores to be "mediocre" or "ok", and not "horrid" or "abysmal" like Haze/Lair.

If anything, it'd be better to put out a Haze + Lair + Two Worlds + Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, rather than have IU/TH in that mix.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Agreed..Lair was indeed hyped like crazy...Haze was going to be the "halo-killer" but quickly made a huge 360 degree leap into failure...according to the press.

To be honest I haven't seen to much hype regarding Infinite Undiscovery, maybe it was overshadowed by Tales of Vesperia.

BMaker11 said:
ecurbj said:

Bashing is a two way street. Lair got it for months, Haze is still getting it. Heavenly Sword got it for almost a year until it finally broke 1 milion, etc. Now it happens twice in a row to the 360, and now everyone's getting upset that they have to get defensive. Welcome to my world in 2007

So because some people who owned a different console were dicks to you a year ago, you're going to behave the same way over games some people perceive as disappointments?

Seems like you take this stuff too seriously and personally.

BMaker11 & starcraft:

Do you mind making your own topic about Too Human (which started on topic, but is no longer) or continuing your arguments with PMs, because it's derailing this topic big time...

On topic, ecurbj I totally agree with you, and I find it funny how some of the posters act as if they were going to buy it before the reviews came out, and a quick look at their profile reveals only PS3 games. Seriously, PS3 and 360 are both getting some great RPGs and if you were truly a fan, and had the financial backing, you should own both. (The Wii is getting some great ones also but that's irrelevant to this topic)