By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - are titles like Madworld and The Conduit going to actually sell?

The two things we don't know about either game at the moment is whether they're any good, and whether they will receive any advertizing. If either of these games turn out to be good games, and their publisher devotes a decent budget to advertizing the games (and has the advertizing target people appropriately) they could easily see solid sales; potentially even becomming million selling, or multi-million selling, games.

Around the Network

It all depends on the advertising for the Conduit. If it's advertised it will do well.

MadWorld wouldn't do good on any system do to it's odd (albeit cool) look.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

lenardo1 said:
i've heard conflicting reports recently, some saying M+ used, some saying M+ not used,

until i hear further clarification i'll Assume its M+ not used- or atleast not required.

wiispeak is the one that will be used

we -hopefully- will get some hands on previews/impression from PAX about it, since it was one of the top titles featured by nintendo at PAX

that is the one thing we really are missing, hands on with the title. we have previews and dev walkthroughs but no hands on impressions.

If the overall view after hands-on previews are positive, then i expect the game will exceed 1 million rather easily, there are ALOT of Core gamers that are waiting for a quality online shooter for the wii.

we've had a good controlled shooter for the wii online, with crappy graphics (moh:h2) we've had a good looking & controlled shooter/adventure/horror- re4 and mp3. but as of yet we have not had both together in one product.

The Conduit Might be that, COD:World at war might be that as well.

as for madworld, ~500k

Not sure about PAX, but people went hands-on with The Conduit at E3 (including myself).

WiiSpeak support for Conduit was confirmed at E3, and Wii MotionPlus support confirmed at PAX.  In both cases it's support (ie: optional), not required.

conduit should do around 1 to 1.5 million i think, madworld around 400k maybe. Madworld is likely more niche of a title than NMH.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

i didn't think Madworld was going to do as low as everyone said it would... im hoping it hits a million, i just hope so

Around the Network

If it's adverized enough. maybe.

mad world...around 400 000...not more than 600 000

conduit will probably selll more...but still it will never sell more than big beach sports..

Well, I think both The Conduit and MadWorld have a lot of potential for high sales.

In large part, I don't see why MadWorld won't be at least as big a success as Viewtiful Joe.

Firstly, Nintendo fans are largely rabid over both titles. Few Nintendo fans are dismissing either game.

MadWorld is also drawing up an awful lot of attention from non-Wii gamers as a game that may finally convince them to get a Wii. On top of which, there appears to be more gamers buying the Wii than before as many of these hardcore third party titles are starting to show up with more and more announced all the time.

The big thing here is advertising. Sega is usually pretty good about supporting their games, so I'm fairly sure that they'll plug the crap out of it. And it appears that the guys at High Voltage are being vary wary about which publisher they side with. They're doing pretty much everything right with this game, I would hope that they won't suddenly slip up and let some half-assed publisher to crap it out without any support.

Basically, though, both of these games have the kind of support from the Nintendo community that is usually reserved for Nintendo games.

No More Heroes did only sell around 300,000 copies, which I believe is way above two other Suda51 titles: Contact and Killer7. That's not a bad number, but compared the number of people with a Wii, it's not really good either.

No More Heroes suffered from all of the following:
--Being wrongly, and unsatisfactorily compared to GTA.
--Ending up with Ubi-Soft who did nothing to promote the game (while fully supporting successful crap titles like their Petz series and that awful Carnival Games).
--Many gamers dismissing the game as simplistic and repetitive, and many others made the same mistake of comparing it unfavorably to GTA--a series with which NMH has little in common.
--In the end, No More Heroes overall style was that of a niche title, not a million-seller. It was very tongue-in-cheek, and despite it's faults seemed to be deliberate on the part of making art rather than a gaming experience. Many people either didn't "get" the art, or they got it and didn't care for it.

The Conduit appeals to many gamers because it's a hardcore, online, highly detailed, graphically impressive First Person Shooter. It's a game made for gamers and has every possibility helping convince many hardcore to warm up to the Wii.

MadWorld has big names behind it, tons of violent action, humor, and an art style that is easily recognizable. It won't get lost in the sea of other titles.

That said, one of the biggest threats to these titles is retail outlets. Some stores like Target, initially didn't even carry No More Heroes. And now, it's usually off on a side rack, not near the regular games. Who's to blame? Mostly, Ubi-Soft. They didn't get the game out there, they didn't push for it, they didn't get people interested enough in it. It wasn't because it was an over-the-top Mature rated title. Because Capcom still had little trouble in getting RE:UC to sell over a million copies. A good publisher and brand recognition really helped things here. These are the biggest obstacles faced by MW and Conduit.

madworld 850k
conduit 1.5million

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

The conduit should sell well and Madworld should too but its about advertising the games too.