By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - are titles like Madworld and The Conduit going to actually sell?

This has been on my mind for a while now.

In the beginning of this year, a great Wii game by the name of No More Heroes came out. It was awesome, but its sales were pretty crappy. Not many people knew about the game. Is the same thing going to happen with other Wii games that we're so hyped for?

I'm so happy all these games are coming out, but are they actually going to sell well?

Around the Network

I think that MadWorld will only do slightly better than No More Heroes, but I think that The Conduit will do well for itself (like MP3-numbers or slightly higher). Nevertheless, I think both will make a profit.

thats only because Ubisoft published NMH,and decided not to advertise it, Sega should get the word out about Madworld, and I hope a big company gets Conduit for the same reason.

That's a good point, spdk1. SEGA are pretty good with advertising. Rethinking it, I think MadWorld may well break 1 million and maybe go a lot further if SEGA put proper effort into the advertising of it.

I fear that both will stay under 500k.
But The Conduit has the potential of being a surprise hit(sales & 3rd party quality wise).

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

Madworld will probably do as well as No More heroes. I don't think the comic style graphics will give it wide appeal. Counduit will definitely do well and sell at least 1 million copies.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Sales of NMH were actually good as it's a niche title. It was a relatively low budget game and play time was relatively short for a single player game. That makes it good for a 1-2 day rental for people who don't collect games and it also offers limited replay value.

Some games are a flop at 1,000,000. Some games are a huge success at 100,000. NMH falls into the later, GTA IV would be in the former.

hmm, thats sadening for Madworld, but you're probaly right. though, if sega does advertise it well, it might reach a million.

now I'm adding another game to this list: Disaster: Day of Crisis

how do you think that will do

jlauro said:
Sales of NMH were actually good as it's a niche title. It was a relatively low budget game and play time was relatively short. That make it good for a rental for people who don't collect games and it also offers limited replay value.

Some games are a flop at 1,000,000. Some games are a huge success at 100,000. NMH falls into the later, GTA IV would be in the former.

Anyone can tell from the texture quality of NMH that it was a low budget game

I HOPE that Disaster will do very. If it breaks one million I'll be overjoyed. I think Disaster's performance all depends on it's reviews. It's a fairly unknown game, but a lot of people will probably see reviews for it in magazines and such, and if it gets like 8 or higher people, particularly Wii-only owners, might think "Oh, cool, maybe I should check it out". If it, however, gets closer to 6 or lower I don't think people will be as eager to try it out.