By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Currently #1 on Amazon

PS3 #1 at $499.

Wii #2 currently going for $394. That's more than 50% over MSRP price. No wonder it's not selling as well as the PS3.

Around the Network
your mother said:
Completely off-topic, but why did ARIANO get banned? His two posts weren't any worse than posts from other PS3 fanboys like Hus/Larry/Washimul/Blue3/Woof who took much longer to get banned...

Well he offended someone which is somethin I think those other guys you mentiened  didnt do atleast to ma knowledge.

mM
jlauro said:
PS3 #1 at $499.

Wii #2 currently going for $394. That's more than 50% over MSRP price. No wonder it's not selling as well as the PS3.

Note:ps3 is also seling at $415 vs $394, there is a possibility that more people want the ps3 than they do the wii, either that or they just want a new one.

mM

July 9 - 8:30 Central

PS3 - #1
Resistance - # 26
Ninja Gaiden - # 35
R6: Vegas - # 56
Controller - #4

Well it keeps moving up.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Given that only about 35 or so Wii's are listed for sale on Amazon through other vendors, I don't think it is selling as many units as the PS3 is. That is not to say that it wouldn't if it were in stock, there just simply aren't enough units there compared to the thousands of PS3's in stock (check on eproductwars if you don't believe my stock numbers, amazon is a big retailer).

I am not sure what keeps a product high on the list if there are none in stock. Maybe they get Wii's in stock pretty often, or maybe people clicking on "add to wish list" or something has an effect on it. The ways of Amazon are strange and I won't pretend that I understand them.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Wow. Looks like Amazon has offered even more incentive. They are now giving you a Blu-ray remote, a copy of Memento, and the 5 free Blu-Ray promotion that is going on with the purchase of a PS3.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXAM0/ref=amb_link_0_/105-4715262-6348415?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1M6NVA8ABCMF4ARF5XCF&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=298091801&pf_rd_i=1000106451

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Given that only about 35 or so Wii's are listed for sale on Amazon through other vendors, I don't think it is selling as many units as the PS3 is. That is not to say that it wouldn't if it were in stock, there just simply aren't enough units there compared to the thousands of PS3's in stock (check on eproductwars if you don't believe my stock numbers, amazon is a big retailer).

I am not sure what keeps a product high on the list if there are none in stock. Maybe they get Wii's in stock pretty often, or maybe people clicking on "add to wish list" or something has an effect on it. The ways of Amazon are strange and I won't pretend that I understand them.

dude its not a animal ita website, that sells stuff, there are used wii's in stock and new ps3's in stock that may have sometin to do wit sales since casual gamers dont like used thing whihc is stupid . Also to the fact that they are seelin some wiis at 400 buks and more, why get a wii when you can get a ps3 for less than 500 buks.

mM

I don't think Amazon's ratings make much sense either, the wii has been #1 many times whilst still being sold out. I ask how can a product that is unavailable be selling more than say a DS or a PS2? Furthermore, now outta nowhere Ps3 is #1 almost instantly after a price drop, hmmmmm. I tend to think that this is just some kinda marketing scheme. Buy this Product!!!! Everyone Else iS!!!! The only telling information that i see on this site is that Wiis are sold out and used ones are selling for 400 dollars. Ps3's are abundant and used ones are selling for 420 dollars. Supply and Demand never lies, demand for the wii remains stronger than the Ps3 today. Can it change tomorrow, sure, of course it can.

Wii Friend Code - 8899 3885 0924 4281

XBOX LIVE - miasma42

Currently Playing..... Gears of War2, Tiger Woods Wii

Update:amazon.com
Resistance is up from 26 to 24
ps3 holds #1 selling video game system
ninja gaiden sigma up from 36 to 30
wii holds #2
360 drops one spot.

mM

I remember when we used to think Amazon counted. Those were the days.