By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Currently #1 on Amazon

If anyone is curious about how many units actually moved on Amazon. Here is a link.

http://www.eproductwars.com/products/PlayStation-3-60GB-711719810001.cfm

It looks like about a thousand or so within less than half a day's time.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Momento at a 105,000% increase now. Has anyone ever seen this movie?

Also the PS3 remote passed the wii, minor news. This just shows how flawed their ranking system is for people have only been buying PS3 remotes for the past 3 hours when it went on sale. 

Yes, I seen. It's a great movie-puzzle from Nolan? creator of Batman Begins.

Memento is one of the best movies I have ever seen, period. I love the director, Christopher Nolan, as well. He directed both Batman Begins and The Prestige (both top-notch films) and is working on the new Batman movie, The Dark Night.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

YfzinJay said:

Momento at a 105,000% increase now. Has anyone ever seen this movie?

Also the PS3 remote passed the wii, minor news. This just shows how flawed their ranking system is for people have only been buying PS3 remotes for the past 3 hours when it went on sale. 

Thats cuz they are probably buying the special offer which brings a free remote therefore selling the remote, and utting the sixaxis's price as well didnt you read akuma587's post?

mM
Around the Network
naznatips said:
kber81 said:
HappySqurriel said:
You will always get an immediate sales spike which is followed by a return to more 'normal' sales for a product after a price cut. With how 'small' the PS3's price cut was, and that it is still a very expensive system, I expect that sales will not have improved that much a couple of weeks from now ...

You've said precisely same thing about PSP's price drop... Hmm, PSP still sells better...

Is it? 

PSP sales for the week of April 29th (this is before the price drop):

PSP sales for July 1st:

PSP sales for June 24th:

As you can see, since the price drop the sales boost ranges from 4% to 11%, a very small small increase for a nearly 1/6th price sales drop.  Hrmm, interesting.  Look at the PS3 now.  I'd say I'm being VERY generous giving them a 10% to 20% sales boost lifetime for a 1/6th price drop to $500.  I should probably re-adjust my estimate lower truthfully, but I'll stick with it.  I have faith that it will help some.

Well you are just going to be dead wrong. The PSP was a $200 system, while the PS3 was $600, so you're basically comparing apples and oranges. You can ramble however much you want about 1/6th drops. The fact is in the public's eye the PS3 dropping $100 is more meaningful than the PSP dropping $30. There was more of a widespread demand for a PS3 drop, and I gaurantee you a lot more people were holding out on buying PS3s waiting for a price drop than were doing that for the PSP; it's not even close in that regard. I'm not sure how much this price cut will help, I just know it'll be more than what you think.

Christopher_G2 said:

Well you are just going to be dead wrong. The PSP was a $200 system, while the PS3 was $600, so you're basically comparing apples and oranges. You can ramble however much you want about 1/6th drops. The fact is in the public's eye the PS3 dropping $100 is more meaningful than the PSP dropping $30. There was more of a widespread demand for a PS3 drop, and I gaurantee you a lot more people were holding out on buying PS3s waiting for a price drop than were doing that for the PSP; it's not even close in that regard. I'm not sure how much this price cut will help, I just know it'll be more than what you think.

We'll know soon enough, but I'm not too sure it was a more meaningful price drop ...

In the circle of gamers that I know only 1 person seemed any more likely to purchase the PS3 now that it was $100 cheaper. Had the PS3 dropped $200 I would say that the 33% price reduction was more meaningful than the 33% price reduction on the PS2 (from $300 to $200) but I think that people see $500 and still think that it is an expensive system.

Resistance now number 14 on Amazon and Ninja Gaiden Sigma is number 16.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

akuma587 said:
If anyone is curious about how many units actually moved on Amazon. Here is a link.

http://www.eproductwars.com/products/PlayStation-3-60GB-711719810001.cfm

It looks like about a thousand or so within less than half a day's time.

Well that sounds good.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Exatcly one day has passed since ps3 has hit #1 and is still#1

mM