By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 Most Expensive Video Game Budgets Ever

Heres a list of the 10 most expensive game budgets. I'm not sure where the author of the article got his sources and some of the numbers seem off but overall it seems like a good list.

http://blog.knowyourmoney.co.uk/index.php/2008/08/10-most-expensive-video-game-budgets-ever/

Killzone 2 at only 40 million? I thought it was well past that at this stage?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

1. Grand Theft Auto IV, $100,000,000

2. Shenmue, $70,000,000

3. Too Human, $80-$100,000,000

4. Metal Gear Solid 4, $50-$70,000,000

5. Halo 3, $60,000,000 (for some reason he includes advertisement costs in the budget)

6. APB MMO, $50,000,000

7. Tom Clancy MMO, $50,000,000

8. Killzone 2, $40,000,000

9. Final Fantasy XII, $40,000,000

10. Final Fantasy IX, $40,000,000

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

How is it possible that GTA4 cost that much to make? What the hell did they put in that game?

Also it's a little weird that it turned out to be exactly $100 mill. I wonder how accurate this all is.

Two of those games are FF games. Man, those type of games must be very expensive to make. Add to the fact that GTAIV has become the most expensive video game ever made. It's no wonder FFXIII is going multiplatform

wfz said:
How is it possible that GTA4 cost that much to make? What the hell did they put in that game?

Also it's a little weird that it turned out to be exactly $100 mill. I wonder how accurate this all is.

Try reading the description under GTAIV on the list.  1000 people were involved in it's development and that's why it costed $100 million to make.

Around the Network

I thought that Too Human budget wasn't true. Also I'm surprised that FFXI was so weirdly high.

never knew Too Human cost more to develop than MGS4.

wow, just wow, what is too human doing that high on the list. that is just too shocking to comprehend where has all the money gone for that game.

I do doubt some of those as they all lack sources, I though most of them were only rumoured?

obieslut said:
wow, just wow, what is too human doing that high on the list. that is just too shocking to comprehend where has all the money gone for that game.

10 years of development.