By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many of you are loosing interest in the Wii

Hawkeye said:
iamfanboy said:

I own a Wii but this is the first time I have purchased a non Nintendo console as well. I really enjoyed games like Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Zelda, and Metroid. After playing these games I had high hopes for it. I couldn't wait for boxing, golf, RPGs... games I wouldn't normally be interested in, however, all great things come to an end and I'm finding myself playing the Wii less and less.

Granted, games like Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Metal of Honor: Heroes 2 are awesome but I think the quality of other titles has plummeted overall. This is not the case with Nintendo made games as they are clearly getting better but third party games are generally getting worse in graphics and in controls... SSX Blur, Godfather, Need for Speed, Elebits and Red Steal blow away most of what's out there right now and those are launch titles.

I'm not Wii bashing because I hate it, I just wish companies would put adequate effort into their Wii projects (note the keyword here is adequate).

Is anyone else playing Wii less and less? Is anyone considering selling their system? I'm not at the stage of selling mine but most of my friends already have. It's really sad because although my friends are more into Playstation they bought a Wii first for the same reasons I did (sports, something different) but even though we have different tastes, we all agree that the reason for loosing interest in the Wii is its lack of quality third party offerings.

I am in the same boat. Prior to this gen, the only systmes I had were Nintendo systmes (NES, SNES, N4, GC, GB, GB pocket, GB color, GB advance, GB advance SP)

Now, for whatever reason I have lost almost all interest in the DS. It was new and exciting at the time, but I find I like traditional handheld controls better. For traditinal games, PSP is a better fit, and I rarely play DS games now.

I am not bored of the Wii. HOWEVER all my favoirte Wii games allow me to use the GC controller, and I do. The only thing I find great about the Wii is the pointer functinality, and I am hopeful that the next Xbox will have a pointer- this would make many games, especailly FPS games, more intuative.

I am playing Wii less and less, but I have not lost interest. This fall I plan to get ToS and Super Paper Mario- both can use the GC controller hopefully. However, I have about 8 360 games I would like to get. For DS I want schrono trigger and Kirby Super Star ultra, while there are about 12 PSP games I want to get (10 of which are laready out)

My thinking exactly, however, I was more intreged by the controller... in fact I refuse to play any Wii game with the GC controller because of the different experience.  Although I still do, I guess I got my hopes up because I thought the system would be perfect for golf and boxing - expected something to be realeased soon after and am still waiting two years later.  I haven't completely lost interest as there are some games I want to check out like Tiger Woods 09.  Not sure if it's 1:1.    But like I said, I have been playing less and less.

Also, just about every title that catches my eye on TV has one thing missing (Wii).

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

Around the Network

it is to be exoected that core gamers are going to be playing the Wii less and less with fewer high quality core games coming to that console. it is a very hard time to be just a Wii owner at the moment in my opinion.

looking for the new mario and zelda, i really do hope the new zelda is going to be crap though because i dont want to buy a console just for like 1 game. or maybe 2

I say take that thing back to the store as soon as possible. I want to end this charade that the Wii is the most ultimate form of awsomeness just because it sells well. It is sad the the most bought system is also the most least played. The PS2 could achieve success in both departments. If the Wii doesn't give you the kind of games you want say in the next year or so, definitely take that thing back, thats for ANY system.

I am afraid many get caught within marketing hype and don't even look at what they are buying anymore. The Wii had a high premise, which I liked. Yet it proved to be underwhelming once I actually tried it out. Most are extremely unsatisfied with their Wii (lol Wii, giggles!). I know this because I can see the look on people's faces when they come scavaging for a DECENT game on the system in GameStop.

If you are unsatisfied, don't tolerate it anymore, end the myth....

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

steven787 said:
I went through your 133 post history, and I could only find two threads you referenced Wii.

First, it's the Goldeneye on Wii speculation thread, first you suggest that they check out perfect dark. Then you ponder how good Goldeneye 4 player split screen will look on your 360.

Second thread your comparing NCAA All Play to Barkyard Football.

This is called being a fanboy. You are true to your name. But lack a point.

I've already found a post you made regarding third party on Wii showing that you agree with me but I'm not going to post it because it's irrelevant.  And you got a few things wrong.  I asked if the 360 has any 4 player split screen games like golden eye on the N64.  I later made reference to how I thought perfect dark on N64 was awesome.  I though Perfect Dark Zero on 360 was ok (bought it after a few people recommended it) but it is nowhere near as good as the original.  Does that make me a Wii fanboy or a 360 fanboy... you tell me!

The NCAA vs Backyard was a mistake, I apologized for that

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

forevercloud3000 said:
I say take that thing back to the store as soon as possible. I want to end this charade that the Wii is the most ultimate form of awsomeness just because it sells well. It is sad the the most bought system is also the most least played. The PS2 could achieve success in both departments. If the Wii doesn't give you the kind of games you want say in the next year or so, definitely take that thing back, thats for ANY system.

I am afraid many get caught within marketing hype and don't even look at what they are buying anymore. The Wii had a high premise, which I liked. Yet it proved to be underwhelming once I actually tried it out. Most are extremely unsatisfied with their Wii (lol Wii, giggles!). I know this because I can see the look on people's faces when they come scavaging for a DECENT game on the system in GameStop.

Uh... right. I guess they're teaching you mind-reading skills in your video game classes, too?

Anyway, my advice to the OP: Take a look at the "future Wii games" thread that's been linked several times already in this thread. If not much in there might interest you, then by all means, sell the thing. But don't listen to the "hurr no games waggle two gamecubes duct-taped together" babble of the PS3 fanboys who seem to swarm to these threads like diseased flies.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

Yeah sorry for us not so "hardcore" gamers that we actually have some other things to do then play games, I mean we have to work, shop for food, clean, wash clothes, sleep, talk to family members etc etc wich means we don't have 8 hours a day for gaming.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Some of the replies in this thread make me laugh:

'I'm not tired of the Wii because I still have to play these 2 year old games!' Obviously you don't play games very often and your opinion isn't applicable to this thread.

Having said that, the truly good games have come and gone and are now old news. The next wave of triple A titles from Nintendo won't be coming out until the second quarter of next year at the earliest.

Outcast said:

'I'm not tired of the Wii because I still have to play these 2 year old games!' Obviously you don't play games very often and your opinion isn't applicable to the majority.

Having said that, the truly good games have come and gone and are now old news. The next wave of triple A titles from Nintendo won't be coming out until the second quarter of next year at the earliest.

Quote one post where someone says this. Just one.

Oh, wait, you can't, because the Wii hasn't even been out two years. Stop bloody trolling

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Outcast said:

'I'm not tired of the Wii because I still have to play these 2 year old games!' Obviously you don't play games very often and your opinion isn't applicable to the majority.

Quote one post where someone says this. Just one.

Oh, wait, you can't, because the Wii hasn't even been out two years. Stop bloody trolling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

You'd do well to stop taking everything literally.

nope, it still interested in the wii and the games coming out for it

there's like 30 unreleased games I want