By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many of you are loosing interest in the Wii

rocco said:
What interest? Its a gamecube in a different box that forces you to wave your arm around.

You need to say bad graphics and little kid more it gets peoples attention.

Around the Network

Get yourselve ssbb and mk amd you will never be bored with the wii again.

well, personally, my interest in the Wii is growing more and more, especially after looking at this: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=39727 thread!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

I went through your 133 post history, and I could only find two threads you referenced Wii.

First, it's the Goldeneye on Wii speculation thread, first you suggest that they check out perfect dark. Then you ponder how good Goldeneye 4 player split screen will look on your 360.

Second thread your comparing NCAA All Play to Barkyard Football.

This is called being a fanboy. You are true to your name. But lack a point.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

well if the console isnt giving you what you want then why have it. in my opinion you might as well sell it now as it has really good resale value and get a console that you may enjoy an play more.

Around the Network

Me too.

I blame it on the lack of must-have games with recent releases.  I'd like at least one must-have title every month if possible.  As it stands MKWii was the last one released and that was a LONG time ago.

In the words of Cammie though:  "Keep playing Brawl, keep playing Mario Kart Wii..."

Words Of Wisdom said:

Me too.

I blame it on the lack of must-have games with recent releases.  I'd like at least one must-have title every month if possible.  As it stands MKWii was the last one released and that was a LONG time ago.

In the words of Cammie though:  "Keep playing Brawl, keep playing Mario Kart Wii..."

I agree, there should be atleast one.

Mario Sports shouldn't be a major release.  But it's third parties who hate money.

(Edit: Let me clarify.  Yes it's a major release for the company.  But they shouldn't say shit like that to fans who wait to give them money.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Untouch said:
rocco said:
What interest? Its a gamecube in a different box that forces you to wave your arm around.

You need to say bad graphics and little kid more it gets peoples attention.

Isnt the word gamecube a synonym for all of that?

I'm more interested in my Wii than ever before. The lineup is great and is getting better almost everyday.

iamfanboy said:

I own a Wii but this is the first time I have purchased a non Nintendo console as well.  I really enjoyed games like Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Zelda, and Metroid.  After playing these games I had high hopes for it.  I couldn't wait for boxing, golf, RPGs... games I wouldn't normally be interested in, however, all great things come to an end and I'm finding myself playing the Wii less and less.

Granted, games like Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Metal of Honor: Heroes 2 are awesome but I think the quality of other titles has plummeted overall.  This is not the case with Nintendo made games as they are clearly getting better but third party games are generally getting worse in graphics and in controls... SSX Blur, Godfather, Need for Speed, Elebits and Red Steal blow away most of what's out there right now and those are launch titles.

I'm not Wii bashing because I hate it, I just wish companies would put adequate effort into their Wii projects (note the keyword here is adequate).

Is anyone else playing Wii less and less? Is anyone considering selling their system?  I'm not at the stage of selling mine but most of my friends already have.  It's really sad because although my friends are more into Playstation they bought a Wii first for the same reasons I did (sports, something different) but even though we have different tastes, we all agree that the reason for loosing interest in the Wii is its lack of quality third party offerings.

I actually think the opening poster is just being honest. This year I have sold my 360 and my Wii. I am now systemless. It has more to do with me being older and trying to start a career rather than losing complete interest in video games. Though I have to admit the last 5 or 6 games I've bought I didn't even bother finishing. Games just don't hold my attention the way they use to. As for the current offerings on the Wii, yes it has gone downhill though there are enough gems out there to keep it. I'm just not sure if I would have kept the system had all the games been great. My life is changing.

I am still anticipating what the next generation has in store for us but I can't be sure that I'll get into video games by then either. It's more of a curiosity than anything else. I still enjoy watching my roommates play games once in awhile and I still like visiting these sites for the latest news. People's interest can change so that is a fact of life. I wouldn't be too hard on the OP. I am still a fan of Nintendo for their movement towards innovaton and immersion but without healthy competition like Sony and Microsoft they would get very lazy. And vice versa.

My advice is enjoy as many different games as you can while you are still enjoying them regardless of whatever system they are on. One day an accident may prevent you from playing or you just may feel different about video games. Then you will realize this video game war wasn't really worth anything. Until then play on!