By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many of you are loosing interest in the Wii

Nope. There are a lot of games I want to play.

Around the Network

I'm playing my Wii a lot. I'll never grow bored as long as Brawl is around ^__^

iamfanboy said:

I own a Wii but this is the first time I have purchased a non Nintendo console as well. I really enjoyed games like Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Zelda, and Metroid. After playing these games I had high hopes for it. I couldn't wait for boxing, golf, RPGs... games I wouldn't normally be interested in, however, all great things come to an end and I'm finding myself playing the Wii less and less.

Granted, games like Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Metal of Honor: Heroes 2 are awesome but I think the quality of other titles has plummeted overall. This is not the case with Nintendo made games as they are clearly getting better but third party games are generally getting worse in graphics and in controls... SSX Blur, Godfather, Need for Speed, Elebits and Red Steal blow away most of what's out there right now and those are launch titles.

I'm not Wii bashing because I hate it, I just wish companies would put adequate effort into their Wii projects (note the keyword here is adequate).

Is anyone else playing Wii less and less? Is anyone considering selling their system? I'm not at the stage of selling mine but most of my friends already have. It's really sad because although my friends are more into Playstation they bought a Wii first for the same reasons I did (sports, something different) but even though we have different tastes, we all agree that the reason for loosing interest in the Wii is its lack of quality third party offerings.

I am in the same boat. Prior to this gen, the only systmes I had were Nintendo systmes (NES, SNES, N4, GC, GB, GB pocket, GB color, GB advance, GB advance SP)

Now, for whatever reason I have lost almost all interest in the DS. It was new and exciting at the time, but I find I like traditional handheld controls better. For traditinal games, PSP is a better fit, and I rarely play DS games now.

I am not bored of the Wii. HOWEVER all my favoirte Wii games allow me to use the GC controller, and I do. The only thing I find great about the Wii is the pointer functinality, and I am hopeful that the next Xbox will have a pointer- this would make many games, especailly FPS games, more intuative.

I am playing Wii less and less, but I have not lost interest. This fall I plan to get ToS and Super Paper Mario- both can use the GC controller hopefully. However, I have about 8 360 games I would like to get. For DS I want schrono trigger and Kirby Super Star ultra, while there are about 12 PSP games I want to get (10 of which are laready out)

68soul said:
How is it possible to loose interest when things keep gettin' better and better on the 3rd party side?

Just look at this: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=39727

There are so many great titles comin', plus all the Nintendo stuff and the 3rd party stuff we still don't know...

Wii's future looks very bright, except if you're blind, of course...

I but Nintendo consoles for 1st party games. 3rd party may/may not intest me. Rune Factory, ToS, and Little King's story interest me. Outside of that I can't think of any Wii 3rd party that I want. Oh, Guitar Hero I suppose, but I amy get that for 360.

What interest? Its a gamecube in a different box that forces you to wave your arm around.

Around the Network

bye bye be careful not being hit by the door when you leave.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

You have to give Sky Render a break, I mean if you buy ever read about viral marketing pepsi it is pretty scary.

rocco said:
What interest? Its a gamecube in a different box that forces you to wave your arm around.

This is an original and insightful post. Why don't you use the word "waggle" a few times to make it downright epic.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Do i sense a change in sales for next year? a new tide of sales for the ps3 2 outsell the wii? maybe?

Skeeuk said:
i lost intrest in the second week after i bought one, there is only 5 or 6 games on it, the rest are girl/child/party games which dont appeal to me.

We are sure you are a big, tough muscle man.

Other than that, stay away from here.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies