By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I ask for your help in the next few days

Um have not heard from outlaw. But yea poor makingmusic should have probably stayed in New Orleans because BR got crushed.

And yea I heard all the things about Sarah Palin. She was probably chosen to get the women votes, the "everyday kind of person" votes and pull some younger people in. Just an agreeable person. But I don't like Obama or McCain so their VP's never really mattered to me.

Around the Network

alright considering no one will fill me I guess I'll have to go back through the depths of the internet for the next few hours.

What? How'd you get power. I'm out! Trees are down everywhere. We lost about 8 of them and it's a huge pain to clean up. The city is starting to recover.

Where are you at Zucas? I'm Dixie Landing and CCLA.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
What? How'd you get power. I'm out! Trees are down everywhere. We lost about 8 of them and it's a huge pain to clean up. The city is starting to recover.

Where are you at Zucas? I'm on Highland near Dixie Landing and CCLA.

That's sooooo close to my sister's house.

Where do y'all go to mass?  My sister's family kind've bounces around, but we were at St. John Viennie (I think?) Sunday morning at 11.

And I'm glad to see you and zucas are alright.  ^_^

DMeisterJ said:
makingmusic476 said:

Well, everything's long over now. Turns out it was the biggest storm to ever hit Baton Rouge.

...and for that reason, I should've never evacuated, lol. I'm now back in New Orleans, and my house is perfectly fine, with power and everything. All across Baton Rouge, however, trees are down everywhere, and like 90% of the city has no power. It took us an hour just to get to the interstate because none of the lights were working. We should've just stayed in New Orleans the whole time, and I was rather insistent on staying at the beginning, but eh, at least we're alright.

Anywho, thanks for all the prayers, etc. guys! Let's hope that outlaw and zucas didn't get trees on their houses, and that they get power back soon. :D

Yeah, I saw that on the news and I was all like...

Er...

Guess evacuating wasn't the thing to do, and the people that weathered (lol, no pun intended) the storm didn't have to do with the mess in Baton Rouge.

Isn't life funny like that sometimes?

Well, good thing you're fine, as if you weren't I don't know who would supply us with out weekly Killzone 2 gifs ^_^

I'm worried about what's going to happen once Killzone 2 actually comes out.  :O

Hopefully God of War III gameplay shots will take up the mantle.  I've been looking at the trailer, and I honestly don't think it'd be too hard to match, outside of the water and the close-up of Kratos' face.

Around the Network

@ MM

Naw, we aren't catholic. What neighborhood did she live in?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Where are you at Zucas? I'm on Highland near Dixie Landing and CCLA.

Well I live off Old Hammond in between Flannery and Sherwood.  We live near a Demco/Entergy substation that powers our neighborhood plus O'Neal and Sherwood so we were kinda a priority.  Thus we got power quite efficiently.  Glad to hear your alright as well.  Seems all 3 of us faired it as best as possible.

I'm glad to hear that all of you guys are alright.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

good luck to you and your family

This storm has convinced me to never evacuate again. 3 days of no internet and a billion hours of driving to avoid a few hours of no power. Better safe than sorry I suppose, but hurricanes are a lot of fun to watch.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229