By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Wii Jrpg looks the most promising?

Arc Rise Fantasia, just because I can't wait to decipher the title.

... that and Fragile.

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
If Kizuna is hitting Japan this Winter, I imagine there will be lots of info on it at TGS. I hope it gets localized.

As for Fragile, from what I've read about the game/gameplay, it doesn't really sound like an RPG. Does anybody know what RPG elements there are to the game?

Well the enemies look like slimes from dragon quest?

See More Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon Various at IGN.com

We should be seeing more tommorow, so hopefully your question is answered.

Those are some mean looking jelly fish slime thingies.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Darc Requiem said:
vapsc94597 said:
Kenology said:
I'm gonna go with Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World only because it'll be out in a couple months. I'm most interested in Oboru Muramasa Yotenden though - can't wait to see it at TGS.

Fragile has yet to be properly demoed as of yet. Rune Factory is still early. And FFCC is shovelware as far as I'm concerned.

@Bolded Why ?

I think he meant vaporware.

Yeah, vaporware... sorry!  Thanks for clearing that up Dark Requiem.

Arc Rise Fantasia and Fragile

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Who likes FFCC just because it's Square? lol. I actually enjoyed the first FFCC a lot so I'm looking forward to this. And it likely has a high budget so we actually have...you know...effort in this game. Personally I liked all the SE games I played...save for FF VII. FFCC is also fantasy (this one seems more steam punk-ish which is equally as good) so that's a plus. Fantasy FFs > Sci-Fi FFS.

The only problem I had with the first FFCC is that it was more multiplayer focused than what I wanted. They fixed it in RIng of Fate, and it seems fixed even more so in crystal bearers. Crystal Bearers  already looks to have a higher budget and more effort put into it than both, and seems like it will turn out to be a good game. I think of the Crystal Chronicles series as a series of its own and not a spinoff anyway, Similarly how Mana was suppose to be a Final Fantasy spinoff, but ended up becoming its own series.

Yay so there are some turned-based game/s coming to Wii.

Now my Sig is happy.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
Who likes FFCC just because it's Square? lol. I actually enjoyed the first FFCC a lot so I'm looking forward to this. And it likely has a high budget so we actually have...you know...effort in this game. Personally I liked all the SE games I played...save for FF VII. FFCC is also fantasy (this one seems more steam punk-ish which is equally as good) so that's a plus. Fantasy FFs > Sci-Fi FFS.

The only problem I had with the first FFCC is that it was more multiplayer focused than what I wanted. They fixed it in RIng of Fate, and it seems fixed even more so in crystal bearers. Crystal Bearers  already looks to have a higher budget and more effort put into it than both, and seems like it will turn out to be a good game. I think of the Crystal Chronicles series as a series of its own and not a spinoff anyway, Similarly how Mana was suppose to be a Final Fantasy spinoff, but ended up becoming its own series.

Yeah, I also think FFCC seems ike a series of its own. In fact, when I signed up for that one SE site they seperated FFCC and the FF series so SE seem to think the same as well.

Oh, and FFCC had one of the best soundtracks in a game ever :D

God all this FFCC talk makes me want to see more of Crystal Bearers. They better show it at TGS.

steven787 said:
Valkyria00 said:
Arc Rise Fantasia! The name soudns badd ass and the characters look cool
Second is Fragile.

The others I could care less about especially the FF crap. Amazing how some people say "FF:CC because its from Square!" how stupid.

I can understand if you do not like Square games, but for me they have an incredible track record so I call that "promise". Why is past performance and opinion stupid?

Even FFXII, which I rag on all the time is better than most of the other JRPGs out there.

People who openly hate Square remind me of those people that dislike all popular music, just because it is popular.

"I liked it before it was famous"

"It was sooo much better, before they sold out"

Just like popular music, I understand that the some of the good stuff is overrated and over hyped; but that doesn't mean it's bad.

Well thats all preference. I dont like Square games. From all the ones Ive played I didnt like them so in my eyes they dont show any promise or have a good track record.

The games Ive played by Atlus are a way better than any square game Ive played.

I know how I must sound that music example was a good one but its not me. Square as a whole company are dicks and in my opinion there games are overrated. I dont care if everyone like SE thats not why I dont like them.

after 29 votes in the poll, rune factory still got no love

will someone give it a vote lol