By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Wii Jrpg looks the most promising?

Arc Rise Fantasia by far!

On a side note, I have my doubts as to whether Fragile even an RPG. Read this quote:

Seto wanders the world, searching for survivors and the answers behind the disappearance of everyone else. Seto also searches for a mysterious girl named "Heroine"; what her role is in the game is unknown. However in his quest he must deal with ghosts and demons that lurk within the ruins of the abandoned cities.[1][2] Despite this, the producer of the game insists that Fragile is not a survival horror in the same vein as Silent Hill, rather it will focus on "human drama".[3]

So what the producer is saying is that it is a survival horror game, just different in stlye to games like Silent Hill.

Around the Network
Cactus said:

Arc Rise Fantasia by far!

On a side note, I have my doubts as to whether Fragile even an RPG. Read this quote:

Seto wanders the world, searching for survivors and the answers behind the disappearance of everyone else. Seto also searches for a mysterious girl named "Heroine"; what her role is in the game is unknown. However in his quest he must deal with ghosts and demons that lurk within the ruins of the abandoned cities.[1][2] Despite this, the producer of the game insists that Fragile is not a survival horror in the same vein as Silent Hill, rather it will focus on "human drama".[3]

So what the producer is saying is that it is a survival horror game, just different in stlye to games like Silent Hill.

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3164519 RPG

http://wii.ign.com/objects/827/827212.html RPG

An RPG from Japanese combo-publisher Namco Bandai. Fragile takes place in the near future, in a world that has lost its population. You play as Seto, a young boy who wanders around, searching through the abandoned cities and facilities of this world, trying to learn the truth behind the disappearance of all the people, and to find someone to keep him company.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5779.html

Release Date: TBA
Platforms:
Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Developer:
Gamesite: Click here
Genres: Role-Playing
ESRB: NA

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/26/namco-unveils-fragile-a-new-wii-rpg/

I think he means that it will have Survival Horror themes, but in essence it is an rpg.

Also the developers(Tri-Crescendo) are known for making rpgs.

kizuna, obara murasa , and fragile....isn't little king story an rpg?

Baddman said:
kizuna, obara murasa , and fragile....isn't little king story an rpg?

I don't know for sure. Some sites list it as a Sim/Rpg while others just list it as a sim or action-adventure. I didn't really want conflictions with that one so I didn't list it.

My heart says Rune Factory and Final Fantasy, I will buy them for sure no matter what the reviewrs say.

The others looks promising as well, specially Arc Rise Fantasia and Tales of Symphonia.

I will buy all of them eventually, not sure about Fragile and Oburo Muramasa though....

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Around the Network

Fragile.

I get a strange vibe from Arc Rise Fantasia, almost like I did from FF7 all those years ago, so I pick A.R.F.

Fragile a close second.

Proud Member of the Sonic Support Squad

I pick Arc Rise Fantasia as the most promising. I already know what Tales of Symphonia is capable of and I'm not sure if Kizuna or Oboro will be released here.

I still have doubts from Fragile because of Baroque, however I just beat Baten Kaitos, so I'll keep a positive eye out for it.

I didn't realize a handful of RPGs were coming like this. I know there are other games (along with RPGs) that are yet to be announced as well, so I'm excited for the Wii's 2009. I thought the PS3 was going to have the lineup blowout in 2009 but the Wii is coming in fast with some HEAT!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
I pick Arc Rise Fantasia as the most promising. I already know what Tales of Symphonia is capable of and I'm not sure if Kizuna or Oboro will be released here.

I still have doubts from Fragile because of Baroque, however I just beat Baten Kaitos, so I'll keep a positive eye out for it.

I didn't realize a handful of RPGs were coming like this. I know there are other games (along with RPGs) that are yet to be announced as well, so I'm excited for the Wii's 2009. I thought the PS3 was going to have the lineup blowout in 2009 but the Wii is coming in fast with some HEAT!

What does Baroque have to do with Fragile? Also Odin Sphere got 2/3rds of its sales from the U.S so I'm pretty sure its spirtual successor(Oboro) will be released  in the U.S.

for me it's a balance between Tos2 and Fragile...