By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF XIII could be the next GTA IV

^Discuss

So high expectations on FF XIII just like GTA IV in regards to the game itself and its impact on selling hardware. FF XIII will with out a shadow of a doubt receive very high review scores in the mid 90's and up across the board.  FF XIII will sell over 7 million copies on PS3 alone. 3 million FF XIII PS3 to be sold in Japan alone. 2 million each to be sold in Others and NA respectively.

X360 FF XIII could reach 2 million copies sold ltd.

Will FF XIII be any good? Or will there be a lot of mixed opinions on the game just like GTA IV experience in 2008 on PS3 and X360?

I believe FF XIII will boost PS3 hardware sales to sell at more than double the rate of X360 hardware by the time FF XIII launches in NA and Europe. PS3  install base would be miles in front of X360 when FF XIII launches in the Western world. Japan launch of FF XIII will see PS3 hardware sales sell in excess of 10 times the rate of X360 hardware in Japan when FF XIII arrives late 2009 in Japan.

Discuss: "FF XIII could be the next GTA IV"

Around the Network

Nope, we were expecting too much from GTAIV!

..no.

I'm not sure FF XIII will have the same impact as GTA IV (popularity-wise), therefore, no.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

no way in america.

Around the Network

gta4 is a over hyped piece of shit. No FF game has ever or will ever see the hype that, that game got, serious man.

as for the reviews you about right, mid 90's.

as for the dissapointment i will agree with you on that.

because FF has always been a niche game that is for JRPG fans. Many people have never played a JRPG and FFXIII is going to be the first one they play. JRPG games are an acquired taste and i think many people are going to buy into this game just because of it being one of the bigger franchises this gen. expecting the games to be something it is not.

So the reason above re why i think many people are going to be disappointed with this game.

obieslut said:
gta4 is a over hyped piece of shit. No FF game has ever or will ever see the hype that, that game got, serious man.

because FF has always been a niche game that is for JRPG fans. Many people have never played a JRPG and FFXIII is going to be the first one they play. JRPG games are an acquired taste and i think many people are going to buy into this game just because of it being one of the bigger franchises this gen. expecting the games to be something it is not.

So the reason above re why i think many people are going to be disappointed with this game.

We have seen quite a lot of recent JRPGs fallen far short of expectations. SE themselves recently delivered a mediocre JRPG on X360 in Infinite Undiscovery. Could this be the norm of what is to be delivered from SE? Quantity of JRPGs favoured over quality.

So FFXIII will also make people say that the review system is broken?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

You mean even though that the game is hellishly hyped it will still fail to bring PS3 sales up?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Rock_on_2008 said:
obieslut said:

We have seen quite a lot of recent JRPGs fallen far short of expectations. SE themselves recently delivered a mediocre JRPG on X360 in Infinite Undiscovery. Could this be the norm of what is to be delivered from SE? Quantity of JRPGs favoured over quality.

Mediocre? you are the type that neer plays the games, but judges by marks. Did you see his arguments on why it's bad? laughable.