By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anallyst: PS3 Will Generate More Software Revenue Than Wii

RolStoppable said:
Why are you posting an article from June? We've already laughed at this analyst two months ago.

Hell I laughed at this in November... as they made exactly the same prediction back then.

The Wii is selling software at basically the same attach ratio as the PS3.... PS3 games cost slightly more of course, but for PS3 SW revenue to be above Wii SW revenue it would have to sell around 90% of the units of software that Wii does.

Currently it is around 50%.

Good luck with that.

Around the Network
megaman2 said:

Wii is still the number one console out there and there's no signs of it slowing up anytime soon.

However, at least one analyst believes that Sony will generate more revenue from software than Nintendo will in the long run.

During a panel session at last month's Nordic Game 2008 conference, DFC Intelligence analyst David Cole explained that Nintendo's lackluster history with third party titles does not bode well for the company.

"It's a huge issue that Nintendo dominates the platforms they own, as that's how they make all their money," he said. "We see the Wii having a higher installed base but the PS3 generating, by about 2010-11, more revenue in terms of software."

And he predicts PlayStation 3 will be ahead of Xbox 360 in total consoles sales as well.

""When you look at an installed base basis, the Xbox 360's going to come in third place when all's said and done," he explained. "The concern I would have with a company like Microsoft is, one of these days they're going to have to make a profit on this business otherwise why are they in it?"

http://www.ps3news.ca/06102008/22/analyst_ps3_will_generate_more_software_revenue_than_wii

This is exactly what I had predicted, I should become an analayst!

Any moron can say they are an anaylast, Oh wait I am one and I say the WII will sell 1 trillion units before the end of its lifecyle as you can see I have stated I am an analyst so we all know its true.  You got to use common sense

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

megaman2 said:
Garcian Smith said:
Congrats on posting an article that's over two months old that nobody (outside of a few PS3 fanboys) agrees with.

Another horrible thread by megaman2.

Many analysts have come to the same conclusion, I had no idea it was 2 months old and don't label people as sony fanboys is not very nice!

Clearly you can't come up with an intelligent reponse, ooh man these nintendo fanboys you gotta love them. You say one bad thing about their console they inmediately start crying, go dry your eyes mate!

Now dissapear from my forum!

Link me to one who has said this.

I believe there was only 1 example.... which was an ex-Sony employee who was using data from this very "prediction" combined with some other prediction.

megaman2 said:
Garcian Smith said:
Congrats on posting an article that's over two months old that nobody (outside of a few PS3 fanboys) agrees with.

Another horrible thread by megaman2.

Many analysts have come to the same conclusion, I had no idea it was 2 months old and don't label people as sony fanboys is not very nice!

Clearly you can't come up with an intelligent reponse, ooh man these nintendo fanboys you gotta love them. You say one bad thing about their console they inmediately start crying, go dry your eyes mate!

Now dissapear from my forum!

Would you kindly show me the articles from these analysts that have apparently come to the same conclusion. I would really like to read them.

Best,

Arkk

Just kiss the tip.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! i dont think so

Around the Network

Megaman2, this is just pointless BS, and you know it.

Just call me when PS3 SW sales surpass Wii's for at least 1 week. /thread

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

What an horrible thread and I suppose that this analyst have a magic ball in his possession to predict the future. BTW with a market share of 50% or 55% and even more I really doubt Nintendo could'nt sell more software than PS3 by about 2010-11.

So I agree with a lot of people on this thread, this analyst is really a human joke.

Hmm... I would've never guessed.

I'm not big on economics, so what exactly is revenue? Isn't that the cost to keep things running? I don't know.

HD games cost more, so maybe the money they make back compared to revenue will be bigger than Nintendo's but won't sell as many copies? I don't know any of it.

As for Nintendo "showing" all their "big guns".....HOW....DUMB...DO YOU...THINK...they are? I find it hard to believe they would release everything they had in the first two years of its systems lifetime and then, boom, relax.

I also doubt that 3rd parties will not give support while the Wii 'gobbles' up marketshare and builds its userbase up.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Revenue, sure. Profit, probably not.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

trestres said:
Megaman2, this is just pointless BS, and you know it.

Just call me when PS3 SW sales surpass Wii's for at least 1 week. /thread

When something as strange as that happens I would call Ghostbusters, not trestres.

@SaviourX... revenue is how much money is spent by us on games.... so $40-50 for Wii games (average) and $10 more for PS3.