By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 - Convince me.

DeadNotSleeping said:
I remember when my friend was playing Fable, he was taking the evil path and was slaughtering the village guards with these hellhounds of his. He was bragging that he didn't really have to do anything after he provoked the fight because the hounds automatically attack anything that they perceive as a threat. So when his wife starts yelling at him for killing the town guards, the Hellhounds tore her to pieces without my friend's consent, ending the longest relationship he was ever in. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

"WHYYYYYY??? SHE WAS GOOD TO ME!!!"

Omg XD That's hilarious. I think I'll be a really goody two-shoes though. I like playing the heroic part more than being evil, even though both can be really fun.

Around the Network

Fable 2 is the 122nd best seller overall at my local online game shop - only 11 behind Gears of War 1 and it hasn't even been released yet! It must have sold thousands already...

But unfortunately Spore usurped it, its now only the 2nd best seller at the moment.

Tease.

Fable was so aweomse that I cream my pants whenever I see the icon on my desktop.

Convince you? Look at the screenies, the vids and read the previews and if that won't sway you into it then God help you.
This game will be epic, I assure you!

Fair enough. Let us know when you make a decision.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Thing about Fable 2 versus Fable 1 is that Lionhead has actually SHOWN what they promised.

I was a Fable 1, Day-One guy that was severely disappointed, because they promised so much, and gave so little....Especially the game length.

Fable 2, even though I won't get it day-1, looks to be vastly more promising, because there's a lot more media on the game's contents.

And having said all of that: Fable had some of the best ARPG combat elements in a long time. It was very, very good in that respect...Overall, Fable was a VERY solid RPG, but just lacked length.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Thing about Fable 2 versus Fable 1 is that Lionhead has actually SHOWN what they promised.

I was a Fable 1, Day-One guy that was severely disappointed, because they promised so much, and gave so little....Especially the game length.

Fable 2, even though I won't get it day-1, looks to be vastly more promising, because there's a lot more media on the game's contents.

And having said all of that: Fable had some of the best ARPG combat elements in a long time. It was very, very good in that respect...Overall, Fable was a VERY solid RPG, but just lacked length.

No, it didn't. Combat mechanics were probably the worst part of Fable. It was shallow, 1-button-mashing fest and the enemies were too easy.

If you want an ARPG with good combat elements, then check Titan Quest.

Shio. Run along and stop being a PC fanboy.

I think the overwhelming opinion in this thread is that Fable was great, and Fable 2 will almost certainly be greater. Molyneux may have overplayed the first game's hype, but he is being kept on a tight leash this time around.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

shio said:
mrstickball said:

No, it didn't. Combat mechanics were probably the worst part of Fable. It was shallow, 1-button-mashing fest and the enemies were too easy.

If you want an ARPG with good combat elements, then check Titan Quest.

You must hate Legend of Zelda, hunh?

Fable's combat was indeed well done when you learned to combo your magic and arrow attacks together to create some mayhem.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

stof said:
You don't need me to convince you. Fable 1 will do all the convincing.

So you're saying not to buy it?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS