By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The "new" 80GB PS3 is crap.

Torillian said:
Oh come now, you didn't want a good heated debate. You asked people not to mention your console of choice doing the exact same thing that you are complaining Sony did. If you wanted good debate you would have brought up both instances and talked about both companies adding GB instead of adding functionality or decreasing price. Instead you single out the company you dislike and cast a blind eye to the company you do like. You're right Blind fanboyism is a serious problem, and you should really go fix your own before commenting on others.

This is what I mean, your whole post is based on an ASSUMPTION that...

1. I give a shit about a "company"

2. That I "dislike" Sony for no reason

3. I'm a messed up individual

Its not about comparisons, haven't you heard of the saying "2 wrongs don't make a right".

I'm just after some straight talk, now if thats impossible to allow because of a cretinous fanboy its not really fair for the rest of us, who want HEAVY deep debate...

You want that, "oh your a fanboy"!!!

I mean come on, seriously. I've never met a "fanboy" in real life, but they sound like complete sorry excuses for human beings if they feel THAT strong about a load of plastic and metal - In the biased fanboy sense (I'm not having a go at people who are into games)

Around the Network

I'll say no more and just lurk for a few weeks then, I'll own a PS3, for some weird reason that then gives me the right to be critical of it...

Talk about insecurity....I feel sorry for a lot of you.

Alright then here:

The new 80g is in no way a bad idea because it in no way increased the cost to the consumer. All of these things are extras that you get beyond the original 40g. What were you expecting with the new SKU? extra HDD space, a better controller, and a remote handjob?

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth as they say. Complaining about things that you're getting extra is silly.

There's an argument totally ignoring the fact that I still believe you are highly biased.

Burgles said:
Torillian said:
Oh come now, you didn't want a good heated debate. You asked people not to mention your console of choice doing the exact same thing that you are complaining Sony did. If you wanted good debate you would have brought up both instances and talked about both companies adding GB instead of adding functionality or decreasing price. Instead you single out the company you dislike and cast a blind eye to the company you do like. You're right Blind fanboyism is a serious problem, and you should really go fix your own before commenting on others.

This is what I mean, your whole post is based on an ASSUMPTION that...

1. I give a shit about a "company"

2. That I "dislike" Sony for no reason

3. I'm a messed up individual

Its not about comparisons, haven't you heard of the saying "2 wrongs don't make a right".

I'm just after some straight talk, now if thats impossible to allow because of a cretinous fanboy its not really fair for the rest of us, who want HEAVY deep debate...

You want that, "oh your a fanboy"!!!

I mean come on, seriously. I've never met a "fanboy" in real life, but they sound like complete sorry excuses for human beings if they feel THAT strong about a load of plastic and metal - In the biased fanboy sense (I'm not having a go at people who are into games)

you're a fanboy......

if you think the ps3 is shit, thats fine. Leave it at that and dont bother people in the sony disscussion.

For the record the 80GB PS3 with DS3 is a great deal and I am going to get one to go along with my other Ps3.

Around the Network

probably a halo noob saying this,
double the space of a 40gb for the same price and a ds3 controller

burgles, you do realise that this thread was utterly pointless. IT'S BORDERLINE TROLLING.

Now people please be kind to Burgles, after all he is a victim in all of this...

Yeah, this is pretty much trolling. Sorry. Adding features and maintaining price is not a bad thing.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Maybe he doesn't realize that 80 is greater than 40.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.