By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The "new" 80GB PS3 is crap.

Oh come now, you didn't want a good heated debate. You asked people not to mention your console of choice doing the exact same thing that you are complaining Sony did. If you wanted good debate you would have brought up both instances and talked about both companies adding GB instead of adding functionality or decreasing price. Instead you single out the company you dislike and cast a blind eye to the company you do like. You're right Blind fanboyism is a serious problem, and you should really go fix your own before commenting on others.

Around the Network

The only thing I know what you want to complain about is the lack of BC in this new 80GB SKU PS3.

Well considering you get a DS3 and 40GB more of extra space..I don't consider this a rip off...

Burgles said:
Million said:
Calling a 80gb crap is borderline trolling , and I haven't seen that much hype over the new 80gb.

Trolling? Get real, can we not have any discussion at all?

To say something is crap and give reasons? What the heck is wrong with that!

I've editied my post, as my thoughts aren't needed. Blind fanboyism is a serious problem it seems and in an effort to get rid of it people are going all politically correct.

Stuff that, posts here are so tame, with points that are so benine its unreal. Seems good heated debate is a thing of the past these days.

yes its trolling, and your reasoning is beyond stupid. I'll say it again, you get 40 gig and a dualshock controller FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY. Its not a bad thing.

Torillian said:
Oh come now, you didn't want a good heated debate. You asked people not to mention your console of choice doing the exact same thing that you are complaining Sony did. If you wanted good debate you would have brought up both instances and talked about both companies adding GB instead of adding functionality or decreasing price. Instead you single out the company you dislike and cast a blind eye to the company you do like. You're right Blind fanboyism is a serious problem, and you should really go fix your own before commenting on others.

In other words he means the OP is TROLLING.

you get 40 gig and a dualshock controller FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY

QFT. I do not see the point of the thread.

Around the Network

I don't understand. It's clearly a lot better deal than the 40GB.

This new PS3 is designed to attract people who don't own a PS3 yet, like my self, and not some one who all ready owns one.

I was personally waiting for the dual shock 3 to be finally bundled, and you know what, now I get an 80GB hard drive with it, so really for a person in my situation this is a bargain compared to the older 40GB PS3.

Just look at my wall a second! I'm a grown man, I don't care about a technology device. "Riling up the PS3 fans"....I mean what is this? A school playground....

All this fanboy crap, I don't like sony because I think the PS3 is shite, THAT is my belief. Nothing to do with being into MS (I couldn't care less, I own a 360 at the mo because it can play copies)

I'm format agnostic.

So if you could just LISTEN READ and understand instead of this pathetic name calling rubbish EVERY single time, maybe, just maybe we'd get some meaty sensible discussions going!

Its not what you expected but still a major improvemnt over the last SKU available in EU

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Burgles said:
Just look at my wall a second! I'm a grown man, I don't care about a technology device. "Riling up the PS3 fans"....I mean what is this? A school playground....

All this fanboy crap, I don't like sony because I think the PS3 is shite, THAT is my belief. Nothing to do with being into MS (I couldn't care less, I own a 360 at the mo because it can play copies)

I'm format agnostic.

So if you could just LISTEN READ and understand instead of this pathetic name calling rubbish EVERY single time, maybe, just maybe we'd get some meaty sensible discussions going!

then why do you care about the new 80 gig sku?

please do yourself a favor and go troll somewhere else.