By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should add Gamecube games to the Virtual Console

trestres said:
@The Doc: They won't. I agree with DKII that GC games will become downloadable when the next Nintendo console arrives. Last gen games will never make it to the current gen consoles's download services. Neither of the 3 companies is doing it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xboxoriginals/default.htm

Around the Network

Hmm that's new to me. For the most part it doesn't make sense since old games are still laying around there and people can get them used for nothing at all. Sony isn't doing it neither is Nintendo.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Sensless. You can play GC games on your Wii and most GC-Games you can buy cheap second hand.

Since you can play gamecube games on the wii, I don't think they'll do it this gen, they are already making from the downloads of the older systems though.

Yes GC games already work in the Wii.  This is what will make downloadable GC games so easy for Nintendo to implement.

Nintendo no longer makes Wavebirds.  The GC Classic Controller I mentioned would get around this.  And the cord on the orignal GC controller is way too short.  Not needing a memory card to play GC games would be another advantage.

Downloadable games are simply more convenient than discs.  No need to swap discs.  Just pick what you want to play from a menu.  Switch from one game to another in much less time (maybe I'm just lazy).  Also, never need to worry about scratched/broken discs.  Plus they can be easily purchased at any time, no need to track down a copy.

Around the Network

I would never buy used gc games. I dont like messy cds

so i agree with the Op

I say yes. I live in Europe where it seems they gave up on Cube early. There is a lot of games that are impossible to find used for a reasonable price because they are so rare. I ended up paying $35(converted from NOK) for a used copy of Pikmin 2. Paying 2000 points for a GAmecube-game would not be problem for me. They are worth it

No real sense to, honestly MS does Xbox originals because they want some more profit off old games cause the only way you get Xbox games anymore is from game stores and they're all used. And used means the store gets the profit not the company that made it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

trestres said:
No, IMO the best thing Nintendo could do is release them in DVD form as compilations. For example Pikmin 1 + Pikmin 2 for 30 dollars in the same DVD, or Luigi's Mansion + Wario World. That would be way cooler.

Brilliant idea, I'd be all over that.

I would rather them add more 64 games, GC games can be bought for cheap already