By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should add Gamecube games to the Virtual Console

Nintendo should release an external USB hard drive for the Wii. This extra space would expand on the internal memory so it could be used for game saves, and downloadable games could be run directly off it (unlike SD cards).

Nintendo could then start adding GC games to the VC. While they would still be large downloads, the GC’s relatively small disc capacity (1.5GB) would actually help in this case. Imagine being able to download classics like Pikmin and Eternal Darkness for $20 each.

Nintendo should then release a new Gamecube Classic Controller for the Wii (that plugs into the remote just like the classic controller). It would be just like a GC controller, but white and with an added home button.

Around the Network

Actually this a good idea. Hopefully they would add usb hard drive support, and/or sd. Also let you install your GC games to your HDD.(The disc has to be inserted to start the game, or something else could be done to prevent piracy.

I like the idea but $20? That's a ripoff. I can't even stomach paying $15 for Xbox Originals.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The Wii can play GameCube discs, so there's no reason for Nintendo to offer them for download -- and they won't. Not unless/until Wii's successor comes out.

No, IMO the best thing Nintendo could do is release them in DVD form as compilations. For example Pikmin 1 + Pikmin 2 for 30 dollars in the same DVD, or Luigi's Mansion + Wario World. That would be way cooler.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
No, IMO the best thing Nintendo could do is release them in DVD form as compilations. For example Pikmin 1 + Pikmin 2 for 30 dollars in the same DVD, or Luigi's Mansion + Wario World. That would be way cooler.

I would love Metroid Prime 1 + 2. Also that would be cool if they added wii controls. Same thing for Pikmin. Wii controls would benefit both games.

Nah you can get those games for way cheaper, they will play in your Wii and they play off Gamecube memory cards...hell even if you dont have a Wii juts buy a Gamecube, and you can still play these games. :p

DKII said:
The Wii can play GameCube discs, so there's no reason for Nintendo to offer them for download -- and they won't. Not unless/until Wii's successor comes out.

Anyone who purchases a GC game now will almost certainly buy it used, earning Nintendo nothing.  By offering them for download, they can squeeze even more money out of these old games.

But will Nintendo actually do this?  I wish they would, but yeah they probably won't.

The Doc said:
DKII said:

Anyone who purchases a GC game now will almost certainly buy it used, earning Nintendo nothing.  By offering them for download, they can squeeze even more money out of these old games.

But will Nintendo actually do this?  I wish they would, but yeah they probably won't.

Yeah, seriously. I wouldn't mind supporting them again, I mean isn't that what VC distribution is anyway? A second life for the old games?

I'd like to know if it would only go to Ninty or the other developers as well though...

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

@The Doc: They won't. I agree with DKII that GC games will become downloadable when the next Nintendo console arrives. Last gen games will never make it to the current gen consoles's download services. Neither of the 3 companies is doing it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies