By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should add Gamecube games to the Virtual Console

used gc games is bad for my wii. i wont accept them unless it was never used.

scratched cd`s will ruin my wii.

just like it did with my old xbox.

Around the Network

WTF?

Wii has full BC, there's no reason to do that.......
That's a bad idea.

Nintendo should make a USB harddrive--that's obvious. I'm completely out of space and not really interested in deleting software I paid good money for. I don't throw away two DVD's when I buy a new one, I shouldn't have to delete purchased games just to fit in one more. Common sense, Nintendo--get some fucking common sense.

As for downloading GC games? Complete waste of time, if you ask me considering that GC games and controllers work on the Wii and are readily available at used game stores, internet, pawn shops, etc.

A smarter idea would be for them to start offering other systems in all territories--bring the Commodore-64 support to NA and Japan, MSX support to NA and Europe, etc. Also, they could then add Sega/Mega CD, 32X, and Saturn games to the Virtual Console and a new section for "classic Arcade" which includes many arcade games in their original form. For example, unchanged versions of Cruis'n USA or the original arcade versions of Contra and Super Contra. The arcade Mario Kart that includes a wealth of Namco characters. Stuff like that.

These systems would be nice additions to the VC:
Atari2600/5200: 300-400 points
Atari7800: 500 points
Atari Lynx: 500 points
Atari Jaguar: 800 points
Sega/Mega CD: 900 points
Sega 32X: 900 points
Sega Saturn: 1000 points (finally make Radiant Silvergun affordable!)
3DO: 800 points