By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS pulls another rabbit out of the hat... VF5 online!

Wow. Kudos again to MS for pulling this coup.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Really disapointed since i brought the PS3 version. Might as well trade in it for the 360 version but must come with a arcade stick since i dont like playing fighting games with a 360 d-pad

Already a thread about this.

Also, expect a PS3 patch with this, so I dunno how much of a coup it is...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

CameronHall1 said:
Really disapointed since i brought the PS3 version. Might as well trade in it for the 360 version but must come with a arcade stick since i dont like playing fighting games with a 360 d-pad

No one likes the 360 d-pad. I don't even play fighting games and I think it sucks.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I think this has more to do with the fact that Namco announced that Soul Calibur IV will be online and Tekken Dark Resurrection on the PS3 is online now.

They felt the pressure from Namco and they gotta respond by going online too. Tekken 6 will probably be online now too.

Around the Network

This is very intersting news considering this earlier thread:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=3390

Where it was stated that VF5 could NOT play online due to Internet latency issues.  Could the real problem have been Sony network latency issues?

Perhaps Microsoft was able to show the Sega VF5 team good performance numbers via X-box Live.

I'm sure that some of this also has to do with how much easier it is to develop an online title for Live vs Sony's version.  It sounds like each developer must build their own infrastructure for Sony, while on Live they simply plug into the existing system via a well established API.

IMHO, X-box live is still the "Killer App" in the next-gen battle.  Nintendo doesn't really have one yet, and the free service Sony provides is apparently becoming "you get what you pay for..."

My 360 can blog!

Gamers have 3 choices this generation: The Exercise Machine, the Movie Machine, or the Game Machine.  What kind of gamer are you?

Yet the Wii is trouncing the Xbox even with almost no online.

But more on point:

SC IV is getting online on both versions, which is why VF 5 is gonna go online.

Also, Tekken Dark Resurrection just got a patch to go online which means there are no Sony specific issues or whatever.

I doubt VF5 will get patched...

You can say it will...and I can say it won't....

Neither of us have any evidence to back it up though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ckmlb: "Yet the Wii is trouncing the Xbox even with almost no online."

At the risk of going off topic...

It's a good point but I disagree with the premise that the Wii and 360 are competing for the same market share.  Wii is quickly gaining on the 360 install base, and the Wii weekly game sales are near the 360 numbers...

So?

So are the DS sales numbers, but who cares?  DS sales have nothing to do with 360 or PS3 sales.  In most cases a dedicated gamer who gets a DS will probably get a console of some kind too.

I think many of those Wii sales are also going into houses that already have 360's  (I know several personally).   The Wii, IMHO, is an "and" system, not an "or" system.   Several families I know have a Wii in the playroom for the kids and a 360 in the living room for media and "grown up" games after the kids are asleep.

I think that Nintendo is doing a great job with it, but it's not the same kind of "media center HD gaming system" that the PS3 and 360 are offering.

My 360 can blog!

Gamers have 3 choices this generation: The Exercise Machine, the Movie Machine, or the Game Machine.  What kind of gamer are you?

RedToof said:

This is very intersting news considering this earlier thread:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=3390

Where it was stated that VF5 could NOT play online due to Internet latency issues. Could the real problem have been Sony network latency issues?

Perhaps Microsoft was able to show the Sega VF5 team good performance numbers via X-box Live.

I'm sure that some of this also has to do with how much easier it is to develop an online title for Live vs Sony's version. It sounds like each developer must build their own infrastructure for Sony, while on Live they simply plug into the existing system via a well established API.

IMHO, X-box live is still the "Killer App" in the next-gen battle. Nintendo doesn't really have one yet, and the free service Sony provides is apparently becoming "you get what you pay for..."

Most online servers Sony has are dedicated. So there is no lag. EVER. Unless someone hosts a game and they have an internet connection slower then 2Mbps.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453