By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS pulls another rabbit out of the hat... VF5 online!

I KNEW IT!!! I SAID IT ABOUT 3 HOURS AGO, in the myspace ps3 blog, Virtue fighter 5 willl have online on the 360 version. Bad for sony but props to microsoft for pulling that rabbit out of the hat good for microsoft.

mM
Around the Network
RedToof said:

This is very intersting news considering this earlier thread:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=3390

Where it was stated that VF5 could NOT play online due to Internet latency issues.  Could the real problem have been Sony network latency issues?

Perhaps Microsoft was able to show the Sega VF5 team good performance numbers via X-box Live.

I'm sure that some of this also has to do with how much easier it is to develop an online title for Live vs Sony's version.  It sounds like each developer must build their own infrastructure for Sony, while on Live they simply plug into the existing system via a well established API.

IMHO, X-box live is still the "Killer App" in the next-gen battle.  Nintendo doesn't really have one yet, and the free service Sony provides is apparently becoming "you get what you pay for..."

The servers arent as fast nor as reliable as the new ones sony have up according to what I hear.

mM
URNotE said:
sieanr said:
URNotE said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I doubt VF5 will get patched...

You can say it will...and I can say it won't....

Neither of us have any evidence to back it up though.

and i can say it really doesnt matter because the virtua fighter series has never been a big seller...

And this is true about sales. But most gamers don't care about sales, PS3 owners in particular, right?

no not ps3 owners in general... i guess wii owners get to make all the sarcastic comments they want to though... you ignorant F**K

You're the one whos ignorant since I own a PS3, 360 and a Wii.

Sorry Ben pointed out that there is no basis for believing an online patch will appear, but you don't have to get angry at me.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
URNotE said:
sieanr said:
URNotE said:
BenKenobi88 said:

and i can say it really doesnt matter because the virtua fighter series has never been a big seller...

And this is true about sales. But most gamers don't care about sales, PS3 owners in particular, right?

no not ps3 owners in general... i guess wii owners get to make all the sarcastic comments they want to though... you ignorant F**K

Sorry Ben pointed out that there is no basis for believing an online patch will appear, but you don't have to get angry at me.

i never said anything about there being a patch... what the hell are you talking about????  theres no point of having a conversation with the hopeless... and how many consoles you own doesnt disprove you being ignorant your comments are another story though....

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

URNotE said:
sieanr said:
URNotE said:
sieanr said:
URNotE said:
BenKenobi88 said:

i never said anything about there being a patch... what the hell are you talking about????  theres no point of having a conversation with the hopeless... and how many consoles you own doesnt disprove you being ignorant your comments are another story though....

Making a snide comment about what Ben said doesn't reveal even a casual disdain for what he said? 

I guess I really am ignorant, even though that doesn't change how angry you get over a video game console. Shitting yourself over a joke shows a lot of maturity.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

i didnt buy this on the ps3 and im still not buying it on the 360... never been a virtua fighter fan... DoA and tekken baby

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

sieanr said:
URNotE said:
sieanr said:
URNotE said:
sieanr said:
URNotE said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Making a snide comment about what Ben said doesn't reveal even a casual disdain for what he said? 

I guess I really am ignorant, even though that doesn't change how angry you get over a video game console. Shitting yourself over a joke shows a lot of maturity.

you think just because i cursed that im mad?? lol kiddo you dont know the half..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

This is quite a coup. Glad to see it -- I've always enjoyed VF5, but I can't always have friends over to play it with. It'll be great fun to play online.

Seems like a rush responce by SEGA toward Namcos SC4 and T5:DR online announcement. I'm sure people that bought VF5 on PS3 must feel they got screwed.

I wouldn't have high hopes for SEGA to patch the PS3 version...especially when they have arcade income in Japan.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:

I have no proof but it seems like a logical course of action.

It isn't the logical course of action at all because there has already been a precedent set by Sega.  Virtua Tennis came out this year WITH online for 360 and none for PS3.  Was it ever patched?  Of course not, and don't count on Virtua fighter 5 to be patched either.  Then again, if you made the poor choice of buying the ps3 version, I understand why you would hope there's a patch coming.  

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%