By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many people know the 360 is more powerful than the Ps3?

ckmlb said:
Foetoid said:

A $100 price cut is nothing if there is a more powerful console which is cheaper with better online gaming and more games to play. Wii60 FTW!

Except with one you're getting free online and a high definition dvd player for 100 dollars lol sounds like a better deal to me.

If you want to count the full price of the 360 premium or elite you gotta add 50 bucks a year to actually use that magnificent online gaming.

New PS3 price= 500 $

Elite- 480$ + 50 $ = 530$

Premium- 400$ + 50 $ = 450$

Core- 300$ + 50 $ + 50$ (memory card to actually save) = 400$

Remember those 50 dollars are not a one time deal either, it's every year.  

1)No Body cares about Blu-ray and their are no movies. It's net value is 5$ 2)XBox Live beats the every loving crap out of PSO. 360 actually had thing you WANT, not thinks Sony makes you want.

Around the Network
Smashchu said:
ckmlb said:
Foetoid said:

A $100 price cut is nothing if there is a more powerful console which is cheaper with better online gaming and more games to play. Wii60 FTW!

Except with one you're getting free online and a high definition dvd player for 100 dollars lol sounds like a better deal to me.

If you want to count the full price of the 360 premium or elite you gotta add 50 bucks a year to actually use that magnificent online gaming.

New PS3 price= 500 $

1)No Body cares about Blu-ray and their are no movies. It's net value is 5$ 2)XBox Live beats the every loving crap out of PSO. 360 actually had thing you WANT, not thinks Sony makes you want.

Yeah, no one is buying blu-ray...that must be why Blu-ray 300 is #8 right now on amazon.

Xbox Live has nothing that battle.net didn't have for over a decade and steam has right now.  I love how M$ has convinced you that you should pay for free features. 

Smashchu said:

I like that scientific number of 5 dollars that you came up with, can you explain the process to me please?

How does Xbox Live beat the living crap out of PSN again? Both let you play your games online against other people which is what really matters.

Sure one has movies to download but you just claimed movies have a net value of 5 bucks also better interface and more menu features doesn't mean 'beating the living crap out of...' it just means it's better which I agree to, but that gap is closing fast. There will be a point where MS will need to stop charging for Live because PSN is going to have the same features and more in other fields...

So you want to download movies and pay dollars for horse armor but you don't want to watch blu ray on your hd tv right? I guess our preferences differ... 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

fazz said:
Diomedes1976 said:

X360 has 512MB GDDR3 at 700 Mhz (1400 Mhz) that can be shared directly by the CPU and GPU.

Just wanted to point that out

I think "can be shared" is a bad phrase here. "must be shared" is a better.  And just to point something else out.  The 360 Triple Core CPU has to go through the GPU to get to the memory.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

windbane said:
Smashchu said:
ckmlb said:
Foetoid said:

New PS3 price= 500 $

Well it has over double the amount of hd dvd movies, and sony pictures is going to release alot of movies and sony's music division is goin to sell music. Robot chiken inuyasha episodes possible as well. Jus a prediction but movies will be relaesed after E3.And 360 live has bad bandwidth wat gears only 8 online vs resistance 40 online resistance any day.

mM
Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Smashchu said:

I like that scientific number of 5 dollars that you came up with, can you explain the process to me please?

How does Xbox Live beat the living crap out of PSN again? Both let you play your games online against other people which is what really matters.

Sure one has movies to download but you just claimed movies have a net value of 5 bucks also better interface and more menu features doesn't mean 'beating the living crap out of...' it just means it's better which I agree to, but that gap is closing fast. There will be a point where MS will need to stop charging for Live because PSN is going to have the same features and more in other fields...

So you want to download movies and pay dollars for horse armor but you don't want to watch blu ray on your hd tv right? I guess our preferences differ... 

He's just confused, since he knows everyone loves the box!

Free is always gonna be better $$

VoD should just be around the corner at www.ps3.tv woohoo

vizunary said:
ckmlb said:
Smashchu said:

He's just confused, since he knows everyone loves the box!

Free is always gonna be better $$

VoD should just be around the corner at www.ps3.tv woohoo

helz yea I ps3.tv 360 cat touch tha sh#!

mM
Smashchu said:
ckmlb said:
Foetoid said:

New PS3 price= 500 $

1) The number of spelling/grammar errors in your post is ridiculous. "No Body"-"Nobody"; "their"-"there"; "It's"-"Its"; "5$"-"$5"; "XBox"-"Xbox"; "every loving"-"ever loving"; "360 actually had thing you WANT, not thinks Sony makes you want."-(guessing)-"360 actually has things you WANT, not things Sony makes you (think you) want."

2) Actually, Blu-ray is doing quite well, thanks for asking.

3) I don't even know what point you're trying to make regarding PSO, besides that it's not yet as good as XBL (which I grant). What is Sony trying to "make us want"?

4) I like the way you bypassed my previous post in the exchange you quoted, presumably because you had no good comeback for it.

[edit:  having actually looked at the dates on these posts, I'm sorry if this is seen as an attempt to resurrect a war, but I'm not going to take back what I said.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

That story is bogus, I read it through once before, and they shift information to make the 360 appear more powerful; for example, for those who read the story, if you recall when they quoted the PS3's numbers, they "adjusted" the triangles for the system, but they didn't for the 360. There are numerous other things they do there, but use your common sense: If the 360 is so powerful, why did they have to make Halo 3 @ 480p? I can't name a PS3 game that's 480p, especially since the game is supposed to be the biggest franchise that they have. Total baloney. The 360 couldn't run folding @ home, and even if it could, the contribution must be so small that the inventor of folding wasn't even interested in using the 360. Epic is trying to get Unreal to run on the 360 with it's huge levels, Crysis won't be playing on the 360 (and I don't mean the crytek engine, I mean the resource-hungry game), and Valve's programmers, which HATE the PS3, already said that they already tapped 90% or so of the 360's power.

So no offence, but that story is laughable.

Signature? Where's the pen?

No one in the world has a justified knowledge of the fact that the 360 is more powerful.

We do not yet know what the PS3, and even the 360 can do.

It has been about 2 years for devs on the PS3, we won't know which is more powerful for a long time.

We do know which one has the setup of a PC though, making it the easiest to dev for, which creates flame threads like this in the first place.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.