By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many people know the 360 is more powerful than the Ps3?

This has always fascinated me. Sony spout out every time they opened there mouths, but there was a large group of techies who pulled apart the specs and came up with this analysis:

http://dpad.gotfrag.com/portal/story/35372/?spage=1

Make sure to read every page. If you're too lazy, the article goes on to prove that the 200 gigaflops of processing power at 100% efficiency Sony say the Ps3 can pull is BS. During testing, a maximum of 75% efficiency was achieved, which severly limits the numbers. Then they announced on 6 of 8 spu's are for gaming, so thats another 25% reduction in power. Real figures end up being closer to 80 gigaflops. Furthermore the 360 uses less system ram for the OS, reads information faster from a disk than the ps3 does with blu-ray and the graphics chip in the 360 makes the Ps3's graphics chip look like a voodoo2 by comparison. The whole article is an excellent read for anyone interested in the truth about the power figures. Feel free to spread the link around a few other forums, get the word out to stop the lies from Sony. A $100 price cut is nothing if there is a more powerful console which is cheaper with better online gaming and more games to play. Wii60 FTW!

Around the Network

note, it doesn't matter which is more powerful, it matters what game is on the system.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

yeah, just wait for E3... =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I agree with Neos, that how powerful the system is doesn't matter, its all about the games.

None the less that was a good read and it really should be brought to the attention of everyone so people can just shut up about which system is more powerful.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

I know it's all about the games, thats why i own a Wii with 7 Wii games, 12 Gamecube games and 7 Virtual Console games plus a 360 with 6 games. It just annoys me when Sony lie about thier figures to hype up there console and everyone falls for it. That article should end all arguements. Page 7 is a great read, proving Sony lie outright on Gpu figures.

Around the Network

The only real way to find out the true power of the ps3 and 360 and which is actually the most powerful is to throw them at someone and see which gets the bigger OUCH!!

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Its always about the games...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I haven't read over the article yet, I will read it, but it doesn't much matter to me. Doesn't change whether or not Sony has great games or can have great games.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

If this article is true than how come cross platform games are rated higher on the PS3 and run a lot smoother. Oh wait, nevermind.

Astrodust said:
If this article is true than how come cross platform games are rated higher on the PS3 and run a lot smoother. Oh wait, nevermind.