By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Crow Eating Thread

HappySqurriel said:
ckmlb said:
I expect John Lucas in here when they show MGS 4 running at the Sony booth next week and end his crazy theory about it never coming on the PS3...

Are you ready John Lucas?

Just because a game is running on a system at E3 doesn't mean that it will ever actually be released for that system ...

His prediction can come true up until the day the game is actually released 

Can you say that now?

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:
ckmlb said:
I expect John Lucas in here when they show MGS 4 running at the Sony booth next week and end his crazy theory about it never coming on the PS3...

Are you ready John Lucas?

Just because a game is running on a system at E3 doesn't mean that it will ever actually be released for that system ...

His prediction can come true up until the day the game is actually released

Can you say that now?

I suspect that by March of 08, John will be crapping crow feathers

Yeah, until MGS4 is released for PS3, John is technically still off the hook for that one.

Regarding the July prediction, is his time up on Aug 1, or the next WW update?

It doesn't really matter, since his original July prediction was that the Wii would pass the 360 both worldwide and in NA and neither of those will be happening. Pretty close on the worldwide one though, I must admit, closer than any of us thought it would be back then.

Here's someone who needs to eat crow: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/22/xbox-exec-on-ps3-1080p-will-be-basically-impossible/

"Speaking with Kikizo Games, Xbox's Director of the Game Technology Group, Scott Henson, had his doubts about Sony's claim that PS3 games will feature 'full HD' (1080p resolution): "I think 1080p, just to address that directly, will be basically impossible. I think if you talk to any developer they will tell you that they will not have a performing game at 1080p."

Around the Network
z64dan said:
Here's someone who needs to eat crow: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/22/xbox-exec-on-ps3-1080p-will-be-basically-impossible/

"Speaking with Kikizo Games, Xbox's Director of the Game Technology Group, Scott Henson, had his doubts about Sony's claim that PS3 games will feature 'full HD' (1080p resolution): "I think 1080p, just to address that directly, will be basically impossible. I think if you talk to any developer they will tell you that they will not have a performing game at 1080p."

Scott Henson, this crow's for you!

Dolla Dolla said:
z64dan said:

Scott Henson, this crow's for you!

why wouldnt the PS3 be able to run a game at 1080p? It has the processor, and it's graphics chip is plenty fast. I run Oblivion at 1080p on my PC...

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

If Lair doesn't flop like I think it will i'll be the first to admit i'm wrong and i'll eat crow and cop any abuse people want for it, because that's all they are they are PREDICTIONS and it's impossible to exactly tell the future, but if you are wrong you should always accept and admit it... I think if you take life to seriously and can't joke a bit then you're just not living!

So mark my words IN THE CROW thread, I will eat crow if Lair sells over 1 million copies.

OriGin said:
If Lair doesn't flop like I think it will i'll be the first to admit i'm wrong and i'll eat crow and cop any abuse people want for it, because that's all they are they are PREDICTIONS and it's impossible to exactly tell the future, but if you are wrong you should always accept and admit it... I think if you take life to seriously and can't joke a bit then you're just not living!

So mark my words IN THE CROW thread, I will eat crow if Lair sells over 1 million copies.

I'm pretty sure you're right. Lair looks boring, after about 2 levels.

I will take you up on Lair flopping Origin.

Let us set the conditions for this bet. What do you consider a flop and what do you consider a success? Don't give me crazy numbers.

1 million is the only definition of a success or is it lower than that? And I'm assuming that's a million worldwide correct?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!