By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Too Human: ‘One of the most innovative games on 360’

Too Human: ‘One of the most innovative games on 360’ [News]

Uploaded By: Mark Podd | Published at 09:40 (GMT) on Thursday, August 21, 2008

http://www.360-gamer.com/

According to SK boss, anyway

Silicon Knights’ boss Dennis Dyack has defended Too Human, claiming it to be “one of the most innovative games on the 360.”

Speaking to The Guardian, Dyack said that despite the mixed reception the demo recieved – where the control system and camera angles came in for particular stick – he wasn’t worried.

“You'll get some first time players who may not get it. The combat is incredibly deep and takes time to get used to,” he commented.

“It's really funny, people say they want innovation. You know, this is probably too much hyperbole but Too Human is one of the most innovative games on the 360, period.

“People don't know what they are seeing and their first reaction is ‘I don't get that’. But once they get it people love it.”

With the right analogue stick being used to control your character’s weapon, Dyack explained how Silicon Knights “had put eight years research into [the] camera system,” and had patented the technology.

He also boldly stated that he’ll “be shocked if there is any game in this genre that comes close to Too Human in the next couple of years.”

We’ve got a sneaky feeling that Too Human’s not going to turn out to be so great ourselves.

----------------------------------------------------------

with many of the bigger gaming sites giving it very low scores. will you be buying this? gamespot 5.5

i hear everytime you die you have to painfully watch the same 20 second cut-scene over and over again, without the option of skipping it.

and many of the rooms looking exactly the same as the room gone before it?

now two human is out of the way, what other games for 360 will you be looking forward to at up untill end of december?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

when will he just admit that this game is a dud, i mean for got sake he is embarrassing himself now. he should take the Kojima approach and let the game speak for its self.

Im looking forward to Fable 2, GOW 2, The Last Remnant, and Banjo before the end of 2008. Those are my MUST BUY games.

So basically TH is the 360 version of the Wii's Wii Sports. That's pretty cool.

jenny said:
Im looking forward to Fable 2, GOW 2, The Last Remnant, and Banjo before the end of 2008. Those are my MUST BUY games.

P>

This man is a fool.

Around the Network
jenny said:

I demand that you also buy Infinate Undiscovery, Tales of Vesperia, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Castle Crashers, and Viva Pinata or we can't be friends any more.

Tease.

jenny said:

il take gow2 and fable 2. well its between fallout 3 and fable 2, whichever is the best out of them 2 i will purchase

tales of vesp and i.discovery il deffo pick up after xmas

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

LOL. This guy is nuts.

Dyack.

Shut the fuck up.

Thank you for playing.

You're not a big enough developer to try to be all philosophical with your games. Sell as many units as Kojima before you start talking crazy like him.

Well using the right ministick for attacking is quite innovative.
I'm still looking forward to this great game. I played the demo, I know what I will get and I can't wait for the European release date.