By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
llewdebkram said:
And what about those of us that have PAID for an extended 3 year warranty?!!

You will be reimbursed. You will also be reimbursed if you have paid for repairs in the past. That is of course if you're talking about a Microsoft warranty. If it's a Best Buy or Circuit City warranty that's on them.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

People who bought extended warranties from Best Buy, Circuit City, EB Games, and whoever else is offering them should consider going to them and seeing if they could give back some kind of partial refund (although I doubt they'd consider it until enough people get together to complain).

URNotE said:
yay microsoft finally admitted they designed a defective product... after all these years of sided stepping the question

Yea, I guess thats worse than a lawsuit 5 years after your console launches. A lawsuit that results with only those who kept the recipt from 5 years earlier being refunded since a certain company designed a defective DVD drive.

Boo M$

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Machina-AX said:
Wow. Nice for 360 owners. Wish this was the case for PS3 and Wii as well.

im glad my Wii didn't melt on the inside in the first place.

Legend11 said:
People who bought extended warranties from Best Buy, Circuit City, EB Games, and whoever else is offering them should consider going to them and seeing if they could give back some kind of partial refund (although I doubt they'd consider it until enough people get together to complain).

Actually, their official policy (at least BBY and I'm pretty sure CC) is that you can get a pro-rated refund on any service or replacement plan at any time during the term of the plan. So they won't consider a refund, they'll do one. Of course, they'll also try to convince you to keep the plan, since MS's extended warranty applies only to the RROD issue.