By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If they fixed it they would have said "the problem was 'X' and we have done "Y" to resolve it in addition to this we will now extend the warrenty to 3 years to give you peace of mind"

Instead extending a 3 year warrenty on a shitty product only tells me im going to be sending it in for 3 years and they want me to not care because im not paying for it.

I want blue dragon, eternal sonata, lost oddysey but until i get confirmation on what the problem is and how it was fixed im not about to send my xbox to texas twice a year for 6 years.

This is exactly why i sold my 360 the first time, after being talked to liek a 3 year old if my 360 had enough ventilation like it was my fault from some 22 year old tech bozo who doesnt know squat, i had enough of microsoft acting condescendly as if this wasnt their fault whne it clearly is.

Too little too late IMO, fix the freaing problem,  its like a little kid that picks his nose every day and wipes it in the sofa cushions, eventually youre going to flip those cushions over to use the other sides and BAM!! problem was not solved booger colonies galore.

Around the Network

In the long term ,buying a X360 is buying a potential and expensive paperweight and its games expensive coasters .The only thing that has changed is that before it was a short term paperweight and now is middle to long term paperweight .But consoles should endure their life and then still work for whenever you want to plug it and play .I am not buying this until they solve the problem ,and that is done not by keep reparing for 3 years the shitty manufactured console but to improve the components and build quality until acceptable standards .

i was thinking of buying a 360 this month but this whole heating thing and 3 year. Why don't they just fix the problem(the console). Then there will be no need for this 3 year thing. I am a bit disappointed, I don't think even if i buy one now. And when i go back to Africa I don't think they will fix it on time it will probably take me a month to get my console back and fixed. This 3 year thing is just damage control. I was gonna get a secondhand one but that is clearly not a good idea anymore even if i buy a new i should expect failure. i am dispointed I wanted to a xbox360

think its cheaper to fix the broken ones and pray its just the 30%.
then recall every console shipped, destroy and make better ones. guess they fixed the problem on newer releases.

life isn't complicated, just face it simple.

Jesus Christ, can you people read?

THEY FOUND A FIX FOR THE PROBLEM. ALL NEW UNITS ARE GETTING ADDITIONAL COOLING AND ALL REFURBS ARE BEING SHIPPED WITH THE NEW HEAT SINKS.

Seriously, how many times does that have to be repeated in this thread before some of you blockheads acknowledge it?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Jesus Christ, can you people read?

THEY FOUND A FIX FOR THE PROBLEM. ALL NEW UNITS ARE GETTING ADDITIONAL COOLING AND ALL REFURBS ARE BEING SHIPPED WITH THE NEW HEAT SINKS.

Seriously, how many times does that have to be repeated in this thread before some of you blockheads acknowledge it?

Just like when they said it "was a moving target" "a nonissue since the majority of 360 users are enjoying their system" "...ya know, things break"

I find it funny youre calling me and others a "blockhead" for being skeptical that a company that put out a product with a KNOWN hardware malfunction and after 19 months of taking peoples money and time telling us all it was our fault and we needed more ventilation says something like this you praise them as the second coming. 

They arent doing this for you and because they care about the consumers or their product, theyre doing it because they have nothing else to do but a recall which would spell doom for the MS game division. 

I also find it insulting that he keeps saying "we have heard you" "when people start talking about a system being unreliable....."

19 months later, maybe he just had some wax in his ear for the last 1 3/4 years, what a joke....this is why i cant stand MS.....Im not saying Sony is amazing, but its just a personal thing where being talked down to a talked to like im 4 in a condescind way just doesnt rub me right

steverhcp02 said:

I also find it insulting that he keeps saying "we have heard you" "when people start talking about a system being unreliable....."

19 months later, maybe he just had some wax in his ear for the last 1 3/4 years, what a joke....this is why i cant stand MS.....Im not saying Sony is amazing, but its just a personal thing where being talked down to a talked to like im 4 in a condescind way just doesnt rub me right

You can bash them all you want for taking so long to fix the problem. My rant was in the response to those people (there were four or five in this thread alone) that keep saying "they're just extending the warranty, not fixing the problem".

Well, they are fixing the problem. So could we at least shut up about that now? You can say that they took too long (and I would agree with you) but at least they're proactively doing something about it (unlike Sony being taken to court for the PS2's bad optical drives).

rocketpig said:
steverhcp02 said:

You can bash them all you want for taking so long to fix the problem. My rant was in the response to those people (there were four or five in this thread alone) that keep saying "they're just extending the warranty, not fixing the problem".

Well, they are fixing the problem. So could we at least shut up about that now? You can say that they took too long (and I would agree with you) but at least they're proactively doing something about it (unlike Sony being taken to court for the PS2's bad optical drives).

he enevr said what they did to fix it.....he was very vague an ddint give any reason as to what teh problem is/was. Youre merely assuming what they have done and that teh problem has been fixed.....re-read what he said: 

"with on-going testing have identified several factors that can cause a general hardware failure indicated by three flashing red lights on the console. To address this issue, and as part of our ongoing work, we have already made certain improvements to the console"

He said ONGOING and CERTAIN IMPROVEMENTS.....selective reading FTW, they have fixed nothing they didnt even say what was wrong or how they fixed it, they made some glossy PR statement so people like you will spread it as being fixed when nothing has been. 

steverhcp02 said:

he enevr said what they did to fix it.....he was very vague an ddint give any reason as to what teh problem is/was. Youre merely assuming what they have done and that teh problem has been fixed.....re-read what he said: 

"with on-going testing have identified several factors that can cause a general hardware failure indicated by three flashing red lights on the console. To address this issue, and as part of our ongoing work, we have already made certain improvements to the console"

He said ONGOING and CERTAIN IMPROVEMENTS.....selective reading FTW, they have fixed nothing they didnt even say what was wrong or how they fixed it, they made some glossy PR statement so people like you will spread it as being fixed when nothing has been. 

Uh, there are links in this very thread and another thread in this forum that point out what changes have been made.