Limitless custom content
Varied types of gameplay
No more Sims #1!

Cons:
Not deep enough
All about the creator
Designed for Non-gamers

Overall: Awesome in scope, mainstream in depth. 9/10

9/10 is great but…lack of depth? Designed for non-gamers? That’s pretty disappointing.

Here are some bits:

“Spore is a far better game than The Sims ever was”
“Spore is an incredible experiance but it doesn’t quite live up to all that it said it would”
“The occasional UFO sighting becomes all the cooler when YOU eventually get to be the UFO”
“For Spore to work you really need to be playing it as one continuous game, instead of seperate stages. If you play them in isolation, you’re bound to end up dissapointed.”
“In many ways the gameplay of creature takes some of the worst aspects of games like WoW and Diablo”

i thought it would have gotten higher,but still a great score

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I read it too somewhere and it has me worried a bit. Not due to the score (though I also thought it'd get higher), but the lack of depth, and the casual focus. I mean, if there was one thing I'd never thought I'd hear about Spore is the lack of depth. I hope this doesn't mean that so many gameplay stages made each stage dumbed-down. Of course, we're talking about Will Wright, so I'm pretty sure it won't disappoint me.

that's good... I'll wait for other reviews though...

I knew it was designed for casual play when I tried out the creator.

I have a feeling by "lack of depth" they meant they weren't as good as creating stuff as other people.

I'm not sure what else they could mean by that.

Unless they are just upset the creature phase isn't as indepth as a Diablo type game, that the RTS game isn't as indepth as Red Alert etc....

which if that's the case... that's just stupid.  To expect 1 game to be as indepth as like 5 different games.

Around the Network

Based on the Cons I can't see how they gave it 9/10 in the finish.. Review point system is broken and reviewers should just do away with it, provide what the game does, doesn't do well and let the readers decide if its worth paying for.

pichu_pichu said:

but its not too good for spore,i wanted higher

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

9 is pretty good for spore but I am still getting it regardless since I brought the creature creator already and I am waiting to see IGN and gamespot reviews. As for lack of depth I think the replay value makes up for it.

brute said:
pichu_pichu said:

but its not too good for spore,i wanted higher

im sorry but i never even heard of PC Powerplay so why should i care about this review?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

So, this is less dept than SimCity 4?