By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kororinpa 2 Announced

"Along with Dewy's Adventure, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, and the massively under-rated Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Kororinpa proved that the Wii was the only place to be for enthusiasts of rolling. And now it's rolling back! Konami just announced a sequel to its vowel-heavy game at Leipzig, carefully tilting a trailer and 20 screens in our direction. Finally, another use for our Ball Bearing Maze Special Salver!"

Full Story + Trailer: http://www.gamenewsdirectory.com/news-details/86730-gc-2008-konami-rolls-kororinpa-2-our-way

Around the Network

I actually like these types of games.

This is a certain buy for me since they over doubled the content (including level editor and Miis) of the 1st one, added more options like 4 player, and improved the graphics. I guess I need to sell the 1st one.  The Press Release also says, "and an edit mode to create your own stages and share them among friends via the Nintendo Wii Connect24."  I wonder if you will need friend codes to share stages. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Korininpa was a great ball rolling game.

When I played it I felt like the entire game was contained within my remote...which is an unusual feeling.

One thing bad about the game...it was easy to break. You could roll the ball off the edge of a level and end up much further down the maze....since the game allowed for 5 seconds of freefall.

Hopefully they have found a way to fix that to up the ante.

This game is definitely on my radar.

I love these type of games. I own Dewy and MMR and have been looking for Kororinpa used or cheap for a while now. Glad to see a better sequel on the way

Around the Network

Wow what a great party game this gonna be, I mean 4 players and alkohol = WIN!!

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I like Kororinpa, and although I don't have that snazzy lunch tray thingie, I use my Mario Kart Wheel with the the Wii-mote in to make it more uniformly controllable...

The original Kororinpa was a great game, I wish I could find it - I played a friend's copy. It was so relaxing! I hope to eventually track down the first one and I'll pick this one up too.

Customizable levels/marbles FTW.

Woo, bring on the 3rd-party Wii announcements!

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom