By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Dev Says SOCOM Only Possible on PS3

StarcraftManiac said:
Woof said:
stof said:
Woof said:
lol wii owners jump on it, now look like fools.

And yet they still look a lot better than you do Woof. Funny how that works.

i your wii eyes maybe.

Ah... My big friend!!!...

Blue3! How are you?!

Didn't the last account get you banned with those stupid posts of yours?!

Lolz... Good to have someone back that i can bash down with his stupid posts

go wii kiddi go, shouldnt you be posting in the wii forum.

Around the Network

Please refrain from derailing the thread any further. Much appreciated.

your first post derailed it form ever being a decent thread.

Nevermind, Blue3 Woof. If you couldn't see the humor in the post, that's ok.

Dolla Dolla said:
Nevermind, Blue3 Woof. If you couldn't see the humor in the post, that's ok.

if i did that in the wii forum you all would be screaming murderer.

Around the Network

Woof. I have yet to ever see you contribute anything positive to these boards. So shut up now or your out of here.

As for everyone else. Ignore him. The thread is about Socom and the PS3's built in harddrive.

As for this Football manager game for the 360 that needed the harddrive. Did it sell? Do we have any numbers on that?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Okay if a 360 game had a streaming option with the HDD, then a game like SOCOM would work, just a 3rd party game.

BTW, some think the Core was dumb move, but think about this from a non-hardcore gamer. The Core establishes the 360 at $300. The premium may be preferred, but it says to them that they don't have to get it, so they have a choice to spend the extra money. They know they are getting something for it.

Plus when the 360 drops in price, the Core will go down to the magic $200, even if the Premium is $300. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

shams said:

Its such an "out there" statement, it must be true! It probably does 100fps, 1080p ray-tracing using the CELL CPU alone ;)

Ah, found it:  http://cag.csail.mit.edu/ps3/blue-steel.shtml

MIT students created a PS3 based 6 SPE ray trace engine getting 10-15 FPS realtime (which is a phenomenal task!)

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

I'm surprised they didn't get more than 15 FPS out of the Cell. I'm downloading the source code to check it out. :)

Andir said:
shams said:

Its such an "out there" statement, it must be true! It probably does 100fps, 1080p ray-tracing using the CELL CPU alone ;)

Ah, found it: http://cag.csail.mit.edu/ps3/blue-steel.shtml

MIT students created a PS3 based 6 SPE ray trace engine getting 10-15 FPS realtime (which is a phenomenal task!)

Nice, although it may take until the PS5 for such scenes to be at a decent framerate, with full texturing and shading, and be interactive.

Yet this is not surprising that the Cell can even do this. I've stated before that the Cell's power is in long term processing, like CGI, MRI, and folding@home, rather than gaming.

Not that it's not good for gaming, but that it's not as far ahead in that type of processing as it is in others, due to the need for all the components to work just as fast in real time gaming.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs