By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Dev Says SOCOM Only Possible on PS3

Entroper said:
I'm surprised they didn't get more than 15 FPS out of the Cell. I'm downloading the source code to check it out. :)

15 FPS is monumental for a single processor.  And that's not my inner fanboy speaking.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network
Andir said:
Entroper said:
I'm surprised they didn't get more than 15 FPS out of the Cell. I'm downloading the source code to check it out. :)

15 FPS is monumental for a single processor. And that's not my inner fanboy speaking.

You're talking to someone who's written a raytracer before.  :)  It depends on a lot of things, what effects they support, are they doing AA, are they rendering at 1080p or 480i, etc. etc.  Which is why I want to see the code.  :)

Andir said:
Entroper said:

15 FPS is monumental for a single processor.  And that's not my inner fanboy speaking.

So is typing on a keyboard with one foot, but until I can get that foot to type 50+ words a minute without errors its but merely a modest stepping stone even if it is still a step above the rest.

why is this dumbass thread still open ?

Because the dumbassness came from Woof, but with him banned, it's still a legit thread. I really don't see much to complain about here.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.