By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsofts 2008 RPG gambit - success or failure?

Ps. If people are going to include FFXI in the 360's list, then they also needto include the number of copies of FFXI that the PS2 sold in the PS3's list.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network
Paul_Warren said:
Ps. If people are going to include FFXI in the 360's list, then they also needto include the number of copies of FFXI that the PS2 sold in the PS3's list.

How bout.... a compromise? No..............................................

Tease.

I take that back.

Seeing Japanese sales, failure.

DMeisterJ said:
I take that back.

Seeing Japanese sales, failure.

I dunno about that, this time the supply constraint could be for realz.

Riachu said:
Squilliam said:
Stats87 said:
How are we defining success?

Sales, Reviews or Both?

Because ToV is looking like it will finish with 80+% review averages, but I'm not sure if the Worldwide total will ever crack 500k.

Well so long as it sells >600k between the U.S and Japan its a success because Naznatips will owe me some Wiiware! xD

Well its shaping up to be a success but we won't really know till next week. I just felt like giving this thread a bump.

Don't forget about Europe(even though ToV doesn't get released there until 2009.  ToV sales could suprise us(in a good way I might add) and we can't be sure until we see actual sales numbers for the game.

I just wonder if a 2009 release might cause ToV to get lost in the shuffle in Europe

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
Riachu said:
Squilliam said:
Stats87 said:
How are we defining success?

Sales, Reviews or Both?

Because ToV is looking like it will finish with 80+% review averages, but I'm not sure if the Worldwide total will ever crack 500k.

Well so long as it sells >600k between the U.S and Japan its a success because Naznatips will owe me some Wiiware! xD

Well its shaping up to be a success but we won't really know till next week. I just felt like giving this thread a bump.

Don't forget about Europe(even though ToV doesn't get released there until 2009. ToV sales could suprise us(in a good way I might add) and we can't be sure until we see actual sales numbers for the game.

I just wonder if a 2009 release might cause ToV to get lost in the shuffle in Europe

ToV isn't going to sell very well in Europe as most JRPGs don't sell that great there.