By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best time to be a gamer?

Even though it is 1 week away you forgot Disgaea 3. :(

Anyways IMO the greatest time in gaming was the 16bit and 32bit eras. RPG gamer will agree with me. :)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I don't know for you guys, but the end of the Halo trilogy was quite something, and the end of Snake's saga in MGS 4 is pretty amazing as well, and some amazing indie developed games are appearing in digital distribution services, and we even have access to all the good ol' classics, and we have a company that reinvented gaming as we know it (for better or worse), we have some amazing IPs resurfacing after over 5/10 years of waiting (Bionic Command Rearmed, Contra IV, etc.), etc.

The gaming industry really changed this generation. I can't wait to remember it.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

yeah, I gotta go with 16 bit era. THAT was a good time to be a gamer.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Obliterator1700 said:
pichu_pichu said:
Pokemon ERA!!!!!! :O

This era is endless. I had to point this out. Endless:Being or seeming to be without end

I meant at their peak times around 1998 -1999

Christmas '97 when I got

• GoldenEye 007
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Extreme G

And I knew a title called Zelda Ocarina of time was on its way. All exclusive games for the N64. Most friends had a PS1 but imo the N64 was the far better console. Well btt: 1997 kicked ass as a N64-gamer (Mario Kart 64 was released in 97, too.)

Today I am really looking forward to Fable2 (No. 1 game for me) and probably Last Remnant, because I want to give JRPGs a try. Gears of War is great and fun, but it isn't my exact taste. Don't know if I cancel my preordered GoW2.

*edit* Next year will be better. I can't wait for Halo Wars, Operation Flashpoint2 looks so freakin awesome, Resident Evil 5 is a must-have.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

The 90's was the best era of gaming because back then the game had to be good to sell well, now marketing and hype will help a mediocre game sell millions, ahem.... Halo 3(Yes we all know it has great multiplayer, yada yada yada)

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I'd say it's more one of the worst.

I think that this is the worst console generation since the 3rd (NES/SMS). I know that the current generation is still new but there are far too many uninspired sequels and too few truly worthwhile games to play.

shio said:
El Duderino said:

This really isn´t that great of a time to be a gamer... ok there are great games out but you need a PC, PS3, 360 and Wii to enjoy them all... now in the SNES days that was the only system you really needed... still its all about what you like... if point and click is what you like your best time to be a gamer is long gone...

I'd argue that Point & Click is going through the best perioed ever, with PC entering a golden age, and Wii using P&C...

This. This gen is not as good as the last so far...

The 4th generation was the best, SNES and Sega Genesis in fierce rivaly, their competition brought many gamers to the playing field we know that is today. Characters like Sonic the Hedgehog, and Fox McCloud were being born; and the platformer genre really hit a golden age, something that would never ever ever be able to come back. No "New" Super Marios, or any other 2d platformers will ever be able to beat those classics like Super Mario World, or Sonic the Hedgehog.

For PC gaming, I have 3 words for you.
Kings Quest 1.
(swoon)

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?