By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best time to be a gamer?

Dude, budgets too high = less risk taking. Longer dev time = less games. So we get less games total, more of which are unoriginal.

And yeah, you can say that downloadable PSN and XBL games allow for more creativity, but personally, if I dont have a hard copy, it's just not that satisfying.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network
bouzane said:
I think that this is the worst console generation since the 3rd (NES/SMS). I know that the current generation is still new but there are far too many uninspired sequels and too few truly worthwhile games to play.

That makes sense, since the Wii is most like the NES (and the PS360's main sellers are sequels)... I'm not sure if I'd agree this gen is the worst, but I think I'd almost definitely like the next gen will be better (polished motion controls from the start?).

Personally, the late 90's was my favorite - sure, the JRPG's weren't as good as the SNES days, but we still had the PSX RPG's, the N64 classics (Ocarina, Goldeneye, Smash Bros), and of course, the PC games: Half-life/CS, Starcraft, Baldurs Gate, etc.  Lastly, Pokemon and the Dreamcast (Soul Calibur) hitting the states before the new millenium... the only time I see comparable with this were the mid 90's - JRPG's were at their best (FF6, CT, etc), 2D gaming was at its peak, and the PC games were great as well - I discovered Blizzard via Warcraft at this time.  Damn, I think it'll be near impossible to top the 90's...

ps1 days, greatest console ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!......................................next to ps2.

the 360,PS3 era is by far the best...

snes era, nuff said.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

The best time to be a gamer was the late 90's to 2000. Starcraft, half-life, system shock 2, thief, Deus ex, cs, total annihilation, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate II, Quake III Arena, Fallout 1/2, Unreal Tournament etc etc the list of games goes on and on.

I am pretty happy with this era

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

It was all about when Perfection was released. That game was SICK. 60 seconds, numerous odd shapes, little bits of plastic sharapnel flying in your face if you fail. Perfection mastered the true 3D gaming experience before Mario even existed.

Gotta agree with the general feeling, This generation is nowhere near as good as the 16 bit era. But it still has 3-4 years to prove us wrong

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

There's really only been one bad time to be a gamer, 1984 to 1985. The years since have been pretty good to great. The games that are "the best" for the moment keep getting better. And until we hit another market crash (or rather if), it'll pretty much assuredly stay that way.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.