By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your definition of marriage?

lol why are so many people "anti marriage" here? Honestly, if you're so opposed to this idea of marriage, I'm going to go out on a limb and make an assumption that you've never found the right person, or aren't mature enough to realize that maybe you can find one person that does make you happy. geeze I didn't know it was trendy to bash marriage, I gotta catch up with the times.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network
Avalach21 said:
lol why are so many people "anti marriage" here? Honestly, if you're so opposed to this idea of marriage, I'm going to go out on a limb and make an assumption that you've never found the right person, or aren't mature enough to realize that maybe you can find one person that does make you happy. geeze I didn't know it was trendy to bash marriage, I gotta catch up with the times.

Um...have you ever taken a gander at divorce rates?  Or talked to people that had been married for a long time?

Marriage is a relationship between a post-op transsexual and an alien.

Anything else is just a sham...

Seriously? You'd never guess, but I think the government should have nothing to do with personal relationships.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I was going to say

Marriage: A tired and worn out debate that has no relevancy

Then I remembered that most of the people on this forum are from a country that institutionalizes homophobia.

So instead I'll just pose this question. Which kind of marriage are you referring to? It's been so many different things involving different people for different reasons over the course of human kind, that if you're going to ask for a specific definition, you should specify which specific form of marriage you're seeking your specific definition of.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

@Avalach21
I'm a lawyer and know the financial consequences of failed marriages (at least in Canada).

The lack of marriage in no way stops people from loving each other, from having kids, from being happy and the presence of marriage in no way guarantees those things. So why is marriage so good?

I'm not anti-marriage, I just don't understand the pro-marriage position, especially considering the little respect many married people give "the sanctity of marriage".

And my views do not stem from lack of maturity. If anything, I would say many people who get married young acted immaturely and naively.

Around the Network

B and C.

I will not participate in this at all, I pick A.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

B or C surely? A means your a homophobe

B or C... they are the same

Sqrl said:
superchunk said:
C - Anything else is just burning witches.

Generalizing much?

I don't think the government really has any right to legislate morals, let alone marriage.  It should be left to the churches to decide how they want to handle their traditions. With that said gays and lesbians need to, at the very least, be allowed to form a union that is given equal legal footing (and requirements) to that of marriage.

Nope. Christians burning witches is the same mentality as opposing gay marriage. The act of marriage has existed far longer than any organized religion. In Islam it doesn't even have religious significance. It is just a contract between two people where each party has obligations to the other party and benefits to boot.

To me if God didn't want homosexuality then God shouldn't have created it since people are born gay. A great number of animals have homosexual behaviour to the same degree as humans, so it is part of the natural order of life, even if it doesn't promote the continuation of the species. However, neigher does eating/killing the offspring of another male, yet Lions and other species do that all the time, again, by laws of creation.