By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The original Resident Evil 4 (Cancelled)

yeah what Roma said, that was the part of RE4, but they cut it out. there is an interview in EGM that asks "whatever happened to the hook man?"...obviously they decided to stick with the 3rd person shooter perspective but yeah that was just a demo that they never used.

Around the Network

I prefer the over the shoulder 3rdPS. This one looks like it would have presented camera angle issues, much like the past Resident Evil's. THis is good though, but I am glad the over the shoulder TPS version was released instead. Maybe this game will be released as a spin-off or something.

4 ≈ One

Maybe capcom will realease it with the name re4 the untold story and it will be a wii exclusive with wii controls like re4.

Roma said:
Flow said:
Now that's what a resident evil game should be like

Also, as far as i know it's just a demonstration of the engine, not an actual game. That's why there are ghosts instead of zombies.

Oh if only they released a game like this instead of killing resident evil...

No it was the the actual game they later on changed it to what we have today

Well, looks like i'm wrong :P

Well, if that's the actual game i'm glad it wasn't released, RE is not meant to have ghosts

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Wow.. I knew RE4 went back to the drawing table a few times but never saw this before.. but It's good they went with the RE4 that we have now.. it looks great but it seems to still play like 0,1,2,3 and Veronica.. so I like the new RE...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Looks too supernatural to be a Resident Evil game.

Yeah, they were gonna do ghosts, but they felt like it was too much of a departure from the series, and it was too scary (At least that's what Wiki says).

Other prototypes include what became the original Devil May Cry, and the last prototype before the ganados was Zombies over again, but it felt too "the same".

I'm not too sure the game would have looked that good though. I mean, PS360 games don't even look like that 100 percent of the time. But that does look awesome.

Wat a coincidence. I was lurking the capcom forums early this morning when this was posted. I was going to post it on Vgchartz, but got distracted. It definately looks better than the Action Re4. Would be nice if it was released for the WIi. With the same or upgraded graphics of course since this ran on a Gamecube dev kit.

This game was supposed too have some kind of virus that cold jump in too dolls and stuff and animate there body’s. I thought it was a grate idea. This cold have been grater if the camera wasn’t fixed like it was in the video. It makes the controller sucky as they did in the first games I would rather stay with what we have today. I am so looking foreword too RE5. Hope it comes too Wii so everyone can play it

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It looks juat like all the rest. I'm gald they made 4 like they did.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press